10) Late Night

Russia and America are once again greeted by the loud whirring and spinning slot machines, accompanied by jangly music of beeps and chimes. Russia was never a fan of gambling because he knows it only leads to money loss and anger issues.

"Russiaaaa," America whines, swaying Russia's arm back and forth, pulling him to play on one of the empty slot machines, "come on, just one game!"

"You're going to make me bankrupt, America." Russia snatches his arm away, tidying his suit.

America rolls his eyes and shrugs, "It's your loss, maybe if I'm nice enough I might share a quarter of my winnings."

"Fine." Russia finally gives in, "Don't go anywhere too far, it's a hassle finding anything in this place."

"Wish me luck! I'm pretty good at hitting jackpots, you know!" America yells as he distances himself away, walking backward to an empty roulette table, "And if you're in luck, I just might ask you out on a date too,"

America alluringly blows a kiss from afar to which Russia immediately gags at the scenery.

America exchanges his money for some token chips at a nearby station. And just when he was about to place a bet on the table, he feels a gentle tap from behind.

"Excuse me, America, right?" Vietnam walks beside him, placing a token next to America's, "Mind if I join in?"

America shrugs as he scot over to share some space, "Sure thing, uhm... Vietnam?"

He nods, "That's me."

The roulette spins, whirling around quickly, the sight of the wheel almost feels hypnotizing. And as the dealer drops the heavy ball, it spins and spins around the surface. Everyone at the table was all equally tensed and nervous to watch their fate at the mercy of a singular ball.

But all that tension finally releases as it falls into a number.

"Fourteen!" The dealer chimes, "Here goes to the lucky winners,"

A smile curves into America's lips, satisfied. Earlier he places his chips between numbers of 14 and 17, splitting his bet. And another chip he places on the table, betting on odd. But regardless, the payout is 17 to 1. The dealer passes a stack of chips while America pulls the entire deck in front of him, feeling overly pleased with himself.

"Not so bad." Vietnam grins, also receiving his winnings but not as equally large as America's, "Actually, I'd like to return this, since your friend dropped it earlier."

America stops to turn and sees Vietnam pulling out the notebook from his pocket, and passing it to the man who stands beside him.

America holds the notebook in his hand and whispers to himself, "Really, Russia? You left your notebook?"

Vietnam scot closer to America, keeping his head down low and whispering in a voice to which only he and America could hear, "Earlier you asked about Mr. Fjord, right?"

America immediately notices the sudden change in tones and expressions, realizing that this conversation between the two must remain a secret, and everything that's about to be stated is confidential.

"Yes, what about it?"

"The others couldn't tell you because none of us are allowed to. But I'm breaking my friends' trust and risking myself just by talking to you here." Vietnam places a token onto the betting table while America did the same.