12) Ballroom

The crowd once again applauses wildly for the CEO, her captivating eyes drawing attention from every corner of the room before she walks off the stage. Russia finds himself looking upwards, his gaze lingering on his partner who turns off and places down the microphone before jumping off the stage, and coming down to approach his two acquaintances, but America's eyes keep focused on one man once their eyes met.

"Hey, good looking," That familiar voice finally arrives in front, "I like the suit,"

Russia chuckles at the sight, feeling a warm fuzzy sensation growing in the pit of his stomach, "You're not so bad yourself," He says with a calm smile and a nonchalant composure, his posture kept straight.

"You think so?" He asks with a grin.

China then comes in, possibly out of nowhere, only to immediately fix America's tie and brush the dust off his attire, "Wear your suit properly! I feel insulted, have you never worn a tuxedo before?"

"I have, just not that often." America raises his hands in defeat, deliberately letting China tidy his suit for him, "Fancy parties aren't my thing."

China cockily answers, "Welcome to my world, you'd get invited to one of these twice a month."

Tap, Tap, Tap

Heels clack against the marble floors, approaching closer and closer, only to be greeted by the CEO who stood above the stage just minutes ago. Her posture stands tall, her hourglass figure towers over and her mouth curves into a smile.

"China! I'm glad you've made it!" She offers a handshake once they stand face to face.

"It's a pleasure to be here," China politely smiles and shakes her hand, "and congratulations on the new flight routes,"

"Oh it's nothing, you know how we'd celebrate these a few times a year," She answers modestly with folded arms. A moment of silence passes between them until China blurts out,

"And I see you've met America."

"Of course! Have you seen his shows? Stunning." She lets out a posh laugh, patting America on his back, "And pardon me, but I didn't know you've met China before."

"We knew each other a while back, it wasn't too long ago actually." America casually states, his eyes staring back at China with an uneasy look.

"Well, it's a small world, isn't it?" Imperial Japan declares before inquiring, "I'm curious, actually. How do you two know each other?"

China side-eyed Russia, finally letting out a sigh and a smile. He answers, "Well, America was one of the show hosts at a dinner party I was invited to, we met there and I managed to talk with America for a couple of hours."

"Fascinating, and forgive my manners but I wonder," "what relationship do you two have?"

Russia clenches his fist, baffled and infuriated by her question, "...Okay this is just ridiculous--"

"It's fine, Russia." China reassures and answers, "We're colleagues, nothing more, nothing less."

"Colleagues? That's a funny way to describe someone working for you," She takes a step back away from America, crossing her arms with an assertive stance, "and say, I'm quite impressed you all managed to interview a handful of ex-pilots from Ivory Airlines the other day."

"Oh, so you've heard?" China snaps back, his tone seemingly unamused and nonchalant, "Took you long enough to know."

It's obvious how important China presented himself, from the way people perceive him, often seen as a powerful man from the high class and a rich businessman who never backs down.