009

Warning: Mentions of blood, death and murder
_________________________________________

"WAHH MRS. L/NNN" Your kids all ran up to you and hugged your legs.

"Don't leave us ever again!" Elijah said with tears steaming down his face. You furrowed your brows and picked him up, placing him on your hip.

"What happened baby?" You walked over to your desk and sat down with him on your lap.

"She was so mean!"

"She didn't bring us food!"

"She dumped coffee in your flowers!"

"She lost Maple!"

"She made Niylah cry..."

"She yelled at us!"

You frowned. "She yelled at you?" You asked as Elijah hopped off your lap, allowing you to pick Niylah up. "Wait- she dumped coffee in the Daffodils?"

Danny sniffled "Uh-huh! And we didn't do anything, honest!"

"I know you didn't sweetheart.." You sighed. "I'm sorry I didn't come back sooner.."

"Don't be upset, it's not your fault..." Mei hugged your leg. "But don't leave us again or I'll cry and never eat for the rest of my life"

"I can't assure you I won't need to leave hun, but I'll make sure this doesn't happen again."

"Promise?"

"Promise." Giving them a smile as you set Niylah down. "How about we have break-time a little early today"

"YAY!" The children immediately ran to their backpacks taking out toys and other things they brought. When they turned theirs backs to you, your smile dropped.

Standing up from your seat you walked over to the windowsill looking at your flowers, sympathy written on your face as you gently scooped up the dead looking Daffodils from the pot, careful as to not rip their delicate stems from the roots.

"I'm sorry babies.. you didn't deserve this.." You said aloud as a few tears slipped pass your eyes.

You always became emotional when it came to people mistreating flowers. Picking and mistreating flowers were different. You never minded people picking flowers, it was an innocent thing but purposely killing them? That always broke your heart. (If that makes sense) It reminded you of your grandparent's relationship.

Your grandfather had a flower quirk, he was the most beautiful and wholesome man you've ever known. He adored every flower no matter how they looked but Daffodils held a special place in his heart along with his love for you. But sadly, his life was taken away before his time came. He was killed by his ex wife, or your grandmother.

You will never forget the night you stood on the stairs, staring at your grandfather's lifeless body, in your grandmother's hold as she whispered 'I'm sorry' over and over. The blood from the multiple stab wounds in his chest spilt onto the wooden floors and the downstairs was nothing but a red-artsy mess.

The next morning you watched your grandmother get dragged off to prison, a tired look in your eyes after you spent the night crying. You've always hated her.

But the rest is a story for another time.

After you finished replacing the soil and putting the flowers back in the pot you used your quirk to bring them back to their lively state. You wiped away your tears with your arm and took a deep breath.

Just then, you heard soft chirping coming from the child-sized book shelf. You bent down a bit and moved the books aside, seeing the cause of the chirping.