010

Warning: Mentions of child abandonment.

Long chapter ahead

[The past]
_________________________________________

It was currently ten in the morning and you were in bed still sleeping. Not that there's anything wrong with it. You laid beneath your warm, fluffy blanket that was protecting you from the cold air in the room snoring softly.

Knock knock

When you didn't answer, your bedroom door opened revealing a eleven year old boy. The male welcomed himself in your room, holding a breakfast tray. He figured you'd still be sleeping since you were up all night doing work around the house, and because the same two men wouldn't stop pestering you all week which drained you.

He walked over to your bedside, moving the tray to hold up in one hand.

"Sis," He used his other hand to shake you awake but you only scrunched up your face, and turned over. "N/n" He shook you once again, being careful as to not tilt the tray.

"Hmm..?"

"I made you breakfast"

"Mhm.."

Your brother sighed. "Come on, it's gonna get cold"

"I'm up, I'm up.." You said, slowly opening your eyes before sitting up.

He brought the breakfast tray down to set it in front of you. Your eyes widened slightly once you seen the beautiful display of things on the tray. "Oh Hachimitsu.."

Sitting on the plate was some french toast with powdered sugar sprinkled on top, eggs, turkey bacon and hashbrowns. Next to the plate was a bowl of freshly picked berries beside some orange juice in a tulip glass. On the other side of the tray was a f/c heart shaped napkin and a small vase with your favorite flowers inside.

"Happy Valentine's Day sis" Hachimitsu kissed your cheek and gave you a smile.

"Awe baby, you're so sweet..!" You smiled before cupping his cheeks and peppering kisses all over his face. "Thank you~"

"Haha! Okay stop it! Your food is gonna get cold!"

"Fine fine.. Just one more-!" You gave him one last big kiss on the cheek.

"Okay, that's it- now eat!"

"Yes sir!" When you took a bite of your food, you hummed in delight.

"So.. how is it?"

"It's delicious Hachi..!" You swallowed the food in your mouth then spoke once again. "Where did you learn to cook like this?" You asked jokingly, causing him to roll his eyes and widen his smile.

"I got my skills from the best sister in the world!" He pointed to himself.

"Well, I gotta meet this girl!"

"I'll check her schedule, she's a very busy woman"

"I see."

You both laugh at your silliness for a bit before your brother began to leave the room.

"Uhn-Uhn. Where are you going?"

"Uh- to eat?" He stood confused.

"Baby, bring your plate in here and eat with me. Would you actually leave me here to eat alone on valentine's day?"

His eyes widened "Not at all! I'll be right back!" He ran out of your room to go get his food.

For years it had always been just you and Hachimitsu. The two of you had different mothers and the same father. Your mom died giving birth to you and your father ended up getting another woman pregnant with your little brother. Years later, the woman convinced your dad to run away with her and leave you and Hachi to fend for yourself. Your fifteen year old self was heart broken when you heard about their plan the previous night but did nothing to prevent it.