twenty one

Andin was not sure what had possessed her but she responded to every kiss, every touch, and her body burned with hot, tingling desire. A power boat speeding towards them from the misty reaches of the sea instantly awoke her from the trance in which his lovemaking had held her. Her eyes flew open and she gave a low shivering cry. Sebastian lifted his head, silently taking in her horrified, shamed expression, then a wry smile flickered over his face. 

Without a word, he flung himself over onto his back, breathing hard, staring up at the halcyon blue of the sky that had almost the same color as his eyes. Sick, humiliated, and burning with self-contempt, Andin sat up and dived into the sea. Without thinking she swam back towards the beach. The last few moments had been a revelation to her. She had always been secretly aware that she was attracted to him and now she had to face the fact that he had power over her senses which made her despise herself.

As she walked back towards the changing booth but she saw a familiar, graceful figure dismounting from a low-slung, open-topped sports car, leaping over the door, disdaining to open it, the slim body tightly encased in very brief white shorts belted below the waist and a thin green top. Andin recognized him almost immediately. He was indeed the famous Roberto Capaldi. And by the exclamations and stares the man was receiving, half the beach population had recognized him too. Yet he seemed to be ignoring the interest he was causing as he flung back his blonde hair and sauntered along the promenade toward their hotel.

Andin glanced back at the sea and caught the sight of Sebastian's lying on the raft, his dark trunks and muscular body distantly visible.

"Mister Capaldi." Her voice came apologetically, her face flushed as she saw the looks she got from bystanders. She ran after him, barefoot, her wet hair flying back from her shoulders.

He glanced, a bored, irritated expression making his face look older than his actual age. As his eyes gazed at her figure, a new gleam came into the green eyes and he gave her a lazy smile. "I am sorry but I am not giving photos or autographs today." His thin, attractive face reflected amused interest. He had a faint Italian accent overlaid by years of traveling the world. Although he was in his early twenties, he had been a star for most of his adolescence and had acquired an international gloss.

"Um, no. I am not here for photos or autographs. Though I hope you will sign our contract," she gave him a pleasant smile the stuck her hand out. "I am Mister Sebastian Summers's secretary from Summers Entertainment. Are you on your way to our hotel to meet Mister Summers?"

Roberto blinked in surprise then smiled. "I am not," he replied with a smile. "I enjoy the hotel's private beach and since I know its owner, he allows me to use it. I came here to meet him, actually. But he can wait." His eyes were flatteringly approving of her red bikini. "What is your name, Sebastian Summers's secretary?"

"Andin Williams," she said, flushing slightly. "My boss is still out on that raft," she pointed behind him.

"Him, I also can wait to see," he dismissed. "Would you like to come with me for a drink, Andin?" His eyes gazed down at her body. "Unfortunately you will need to change. Though believe me, if it were up to me, I would say that you should always wear bikinis. With a body like yours, clothes would be a waste."

"Thank you, Sir. But I'm here for work," she said, trying not to sound stiff, remembering that Sebastian had brought her here to be friendly towards this conceited young man.

Roberto wrinkled his nose in disarming and amused recognition of her reaction. "Is that what you call work?" He held her wet hair around a finger. "You know, I have heard that Sebastian has a way with women. Now I can say that I approve of his taste. Though I did not agree with the last actress he was seeing, the one with big boobs. Paris or Tokyo Star, whatever her name is." He shrugged one shoulder. "One thing for sure, her name suits her well because both were visited by many people." He laughed at his own joke.