* thirty four

It had been two weeks of the whole 'forgetting what had happened that weekend' and to put it simply, Sebastian had grown tired of it. Not only tired but he had also been frustrated too. He had been fantasizing about Andin whenever he had gone to his bedroom. The memory of that night was still clear in his mind as if it had happened yesterday. He saw her on his bed, against the wall, in his jacuzzi, and everywhere. It had been so much that last night he had gone to one of the hotels owned by the Summers and gotten himself a suite. He had thought that perhaps a change of scenery would sweep away all of this madness. Yet it had not worked. He had woken up in the middle of the night with a painful hard-on.

This morning, he decided that he had had enough. He had to have her back. He simply had to. He would date her if that was what she wanted. He had never been a romantic guy but hell, he would give it a solid try. At this point, there was so little that he would not do.

Around seven twenty-five in the morning, he was already at the office before anyone else. He knew how Andin was, she had always come to the office five minutes before eight and would prepare all the needed documents for that day. She was that efficient and hard-working. Furthermore, today they had a special agenda of interviewing her replacement. Surely she would come even earlier thus why he had bested her by thirty minutes.

Sure enough, a quarter before eight, she had walked into her office carrying a small bag and a tumbler — no doubt filled with coffee. The second he had laid his eyes on her, he sucked in his breath. Stunned disbelief rendered him speechless. She had not done her hair into a bun as he had always seen her lately except for that time when they had been in Sicily. A wealth of shiny dark brown hair swirled around her shoulders, wisps of it flying out as though electric from being in the wind. Her face was vibrant with color — glowing cheeks, glossy red lips, and sparkling dark eyes fringed by long dark lashes. She was not wearing her spectacle. She looked lively and if he was being honest, she looked just like that night in the warm Sicily air when they had made love for the first time.

"Oh," she gasped, blinking as if she could not believe her own eyes for seeing him here in the office at this early hour. "Good morning, Sir. Do you need something?"

"No." He made an airy gesture, his mind busily occupied with finding the best way through her formidable defenses. "I am good. Good morning, Miss Williams."

With a very sexy shrug, she added, "Okay. I hope you don't mind if I start preparing for the day."

"Not at all," he said dryly, his gaze flicking to the long wild tresses. "What happened to your hair?"

"What? Oh!" She lifted an arm and attempted to pat down the wayward strands. "I am sorry. I was quite in a hurry to catch the bus and then ran my way here from the bus stop. I will tidy up shortly."

"You do not have to do it on my account." He smiled, feeling like a shark on the prowl all primed to bite into a tasty morsel, her lifted breast, her soft underarm, the soft spot behind her knees. "I kinda like the new image," he added, laying the obvious on the line for her to pick up and explain.

Andin blushed, then instantly took evasive action as though suddenly aware of having raised attention that might prove uncomfortable. "Blame Tanner for that," she tossed off as with quick purposeful steps she skirted him to get around behind her desk.

He swung to keep her in sight, grimly digesting this new unpalatable information. "Tanner?" he quizzed, his eyes mocking her fickleness as his stomach clenched at the thought of more competition to get rid of.

"Yeah." She dumped her bag on her chair and continued her usual course.

"Tanner," he muttered that name again, waiting for her to give some more explanation. He grew frustrated when she did not and asked curiously, "Who?"