daffodil || chapter 34

As April comes to a close, everyone begins to take the exams more seriously. The school year will be ending in just over a month, after all. The Beekeeping Club's Performance Assessment takes place in three days, and Eugene has been working us to the bone to assure a passing result.

I finished the packing and shipping of my plants yesterday, and as I look around the now entirely empty greenhouse, I feel somewhat sad. A month without the greenery and life in my own private world seems like forever, but as soon as I step outside I realize it will not be as long as I think. The grasses and flowers are in full bloom or almost so, and it is more lively outside than it ever was in the greenhouse.

"[Y/N]!" the melodic voice of Xavier rings out behind me. "You ready to go to class?"

I nod and take his hand, the two of us walking up the dirt path and into the heart of campus. Though the year is nearly done, I feel as though it was my first day here, seeing every crack in the stone filled with lush green life.

The rest of our friends arrive to come to Botany with us, now a group of six. Wednesday, Enid, Ajax, Bianca (who, after many complaints from the first two, finally extended her friendship from simply Xavier to the rest of us), Xavier, and myself.

The class bell tolls and we sit at a large table, prepared for the beginning of the final unit before exams. Miss Featherfell stands at the front of her classroom with small pots in her hands.

"Students, today we will be discussing the small yet meaningful plants in our local ecosystem," she tells us.

She places pots on each of our tables, one for each student. I look at the one in front of me and find a yellow daffodil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How do I even begin to say this?Greenhouse has been such a large part of my life for- holy shit- just over two months. But recently, I have not been able to write much of anything, especially not this kind of happy romance story.Because of the stresses that are popping up everywhere for me and not wanting to drag this story down because of those, I have decided to stop this little endeavor of mine right here. Four arcs, 33 chapters (plus a prologue), and a whole lot of things I didn't know I could write.Thank you all for reading and supporting this, and I wish you all the best. Truly, I could not have asked for a better response on what was originally supposed to be a joke for a friend.Perhaps, should I miss this small trainwreck too much, I will re-start it. Give it the old electric shock, if you will. But for now, it will be marked 'complete'.Thank you again.-Axis