||1||

<Aniyah's outfit on top>
• After the New Year
• (..) Aniyah's thought

Aniyah's pov:
The bus park and me and my brother are just there waiting, but my brother dribbles a basketball as one if the cheerleader tries to take it from him. The rest of the guys greet each other. Troy steps off the bus, and the crowd cheers.

Chad: Troy, how are you doing, man?

Student: (Shaking hands with Troy) Hey Troy, what's up?

Troy: Hey guys, Happy New Year. Hey, Aniyah. *well hugging her*

Aniyah: Hey Troy. *hugging him back*

Chad: Yeah, it's a happy wildcat New Year!

Teammate: You're the man!

Chad: In two weeks we're going to the championships with you leading us to infinity and beyond.

Student: What team? Wildcats! What team? Wildcats!

Students cheer

[EAST HIGH HALLWAYS]

Zeke: The ice princess returned from the North Pole.

Chad: She spent the holidays the way she always does.

Students: Doing what?

Aniyah: Shopping for mirrors.

The friends laugh and walk past Taylor McKessie and the science kids.

Taylor: Behold the zoo animals heralding the New Year. How tribal. Oh hey, Aniyah!

Aniyah: Hey Taylor!

...

[Home room]

Ms. Darbus sits in a chair on a raised platform, and students chat as they enter to take their seats. Troy, Zeke, Chad, Aniyah, and Jason toss each other a basketball and chating. A new girl walks in and hands the paper Principal Matsui gave her to Ms. Darbus.

Jason: Do you remember the night before?

Troy: No, not at all. All I remember is like, pink jelly, I...

Troy spots some new girl. She walks past Sharpay and Ryan.

Gabriella: Excuse me.

Sharpay sits at the desk next to Troy.
Sharpay: Hi, Troy.

Troy: Hi.

The school bell rings.

Ms. Darbus: I trust you all had splendid holidays. Check the sign-up sheets in the lobby for new activities, Mr. Bolton. (Troy lowers into his seat) Especially our winter musical. We will have singles auditions...

Chad: (to Troy in a low voice) You okay?

Troy: Yeah

Ms. Darbus: ... for our supporting roles and pairs auditions for our two leads.

Chad points his thumb down and blows a raspberry. As Aniyah laughs at him

Ms. Darbus: Mr. and Ms. Danforth, this is a place of learning, (walks past Chad and Aniyah's desk) not a hockey arena. There is also a final sign-up for next week's scholastic decathlon competition.

(Chad and Aniyah looks at each other)

- Chem club president Taylor McKessie (Taylor raises her hand) can answer all of your questions about that.

Chad looks at Aniyah and whispers to her nerd alert. Cause Taylor has been friends with Aniyah since middle school. Then, Troy pulls out his phone and calls Gabriella. Her phone begins to ring.