||3||

< Aniyah's outfit on top>
• (..) Aniyah's thought
• (()) A/n note

...in the east high gym with the cheerleaders and the basketball team...

The cheerleaders are not practicing As they should be. They are wondering where is aniyah and where is Chad, as well as Troy some boys from the basketball team told them they were in detention. That's when the coaches walk in.

Coach Bolton: Come on guys, huddle up! We got two weeks to the big game.

Coach Amy: Girls! Huddle up with the boys.

The basketball team and cheerleaders huddle up together.

Coach Bolton: Where's the trio?

The team averts Coach Bolton's and also to Coach Amy gazes.

Coach Bolton: Don't make me ask again.

The teams stays silent.

Coach Amy: Guys. Where is the trio?

Silence

Coach Bolton: (shouting) Where's Aniyah, Chad, and Troy?!

Basketball players and Cheerleaders looks at one another and says "Detention". Causing Coach Bolton and Coach Amy storm out and hand their clipboard off to other coaches. The other coach blows a whistle and the team runs.

... In theater with the group who got detention..

Chad sleeps inside the tree prop as Troy sits on top of it, tickling his face with a leaf. Aniyah was also on the tree, but she was with Troy. Troy smiled at her, and she smiled back. Meanwhile, Gabriella looks over at them, and her face changes. She also has a crush on Troy even though they just met in the new year's party.

Ms. Darbus: Perhaps the most heinous example of cell phone abuse is ringing in the theater. What temerity! The theater is a temple of art, a precious cornucopia of creative energy.

As Ms. Darbus was saying that the two coaches walk in and start to look around to see Darbus.

Coach Amy: Where's the trio, Darbus!

Coach Bolton: What the heck are those three doing in a tree?

Ms. Darbus: (to the coaches) It's called crime and punishment, Bolton. besides, proximity to the arts is cleansing for the soul.

Coach Bolton: (pointing to him, Amy, and Ms. Darbus) Can we talk, please? And you three, in the gym, now!

Aniyah pulls Chad from the tree, and they leave. As everyone else who was there continued painting and sewing.

... At the principal's Office ...

Coach Bolton, Coach Amy, and Ms. Darbus stands in front of Principal Matsui's desk.

Coach Amy: If they have to paint sets for detention, they could do it tonight, not during our practices.

Ms. Darbus: If these were theater performers instead of athletes, would you seek special treatment?

Coach Bolton: We are days away from  our biggest game of the year, and the girls' competition is also coming up.

Ms. Darbus: And we, Bolton, are in auditions for our winter musical as well! This school is about more than just young men in baggy shorts, flinging balls for touchdowns! And girls who dance around!

Coach Amy: Baskets! They shoot baskets! The girls cheer for the sport teams, and they go to competition to win!

Principal Matsui: Stop! Guys, listen. You've been having this argument since the day you three started teaching here. We are one school, one student body, and one faculty! Can we not agree on that?