||6||

<Aniyah's outfit on top>
• high school sucks
• Planning process

Troy leans on the stair railway reading sheet music.

Troy: (singing) We're soaring, flying. There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach...

Ryan heads upstairs and hears Troy singing. He presses his ear up to the door. He jiggles the door handle, but it's locked.

Troy: ...If we're trying, then we're breaking...

Troy notices the handle jiggling. Ryan drops to the floor and peeks through the gap in the door. He stands, looking puzzled.

[Girls bathroom]

Gabriella stands reading sheet music.

Gabriella: (singing) creating space between us til we're separate hearts

In the hall, Sharpay hears Gabriella and perks up. She enters the bathroom and Gabriella panics.
Sharpay glances towards the sink and sees no one. Sharpay eyes the stalls and kicks one open, giving a yell. She turns and looks at the mirrors, checking herself out. She leaves the bathroom and Gabriella emerges from behind a wall and watches her go, breathing a sigh of relief.

[Music room]

Gabriella sits beside Kelsi, who plays the piano.

Gabriella: (singing) There's not a star in heaven that we...

Aniyah and some cheerleaders walked past the bathroom and Aniyah hears Gabriella singing. She tells Sharpay who was passing by.

Troy: (singing) ...flying. There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach...

... At the gym...

walking down the line as the basketball players practice passing the ball

Coach Bolton: Let's go, guys! Make it sharp! To the chest, come one! Pop it! Come on guys, step with it! Let's go! Come on, move it! Let's go! Come on, guys focus! Focus! Get your head in the game! Move it!

Coach Bolton turns to Jason.
Coach Bolton: You have seen Troy?

Jason: No, coach.

Coach Bolton: Aniyah?

calls Aniyah cause she was also practicing with the cheerleaders

Aniyah: Yeah?

Coach Bolton: Have you seen Troy?

Aniyah: He was practicing with that Gabriella girl!

Coach Bolton: Okay! *under his breath: Why*

Coach Bolton gives Chad the ball, whistles, and walks away.

Coach Bolton: Again, let's go.
... A little bit later...

Coach Bolton: That's it guys. Hit the showers. Good hustle. Let's see that in the game.

Troy arrives as the team leaves. Chad hands him a basketball.

Troy: I, uh, think I'm gonna stay awhile. Work on some free throws.

Coach Bolton: Well since you missed practice, I think your team deserves a little effort from you today.

Coach Bolton stalks away. Troy wears a guilty expression. Gabriella approaches Troy as he takes a shot.

Gabriella: Wow, so this is your real stage.

Troy: Yeah, I guess you could call it that. Or just a smelly gym.

Troy hands Gabriella the ball. She takes a shot and makes it.

Troy: Woah! Don't tell me you're good at hoops too.