||4||

<Aniyah's outfit on top>

Troy slams shut his locker and Chad approaches.

Chad: Yo, what's up man?

Troy: What's up?

Chad: Hey, so um look so the whole team's hitting the gym during free period. What do you wanna have us run?

Troy: Dude you know what, I can't make it. I, uh, I gotta catch up on some homework.

Chad laughs.

Chad: What? Hello, it's only the second day back. I'm not even behind on homework yet. And you know I've been behind on homework since pre-school.

Troy laughs and puts his arm against Chad's chest, barring him.

Troy: That's hilarious. I'll catch you later.

Chad looks puzzled as Troy hurries off. As Aniyah walks up to Chad.

Aniyah: Homework? There's no way.

Troy slinks into a classroom and Chad follows with Aniyah. He watches Troy greet a few students.

Chad: (whispering to Aniyah) What's he doing?

Aniyah: You think I know?

A student shakes Chad's hand and enters the classroom.

Chad: Hey, how's it going man?

Troy disappears and Chad looks baffled. In the hallway, Troy sneaks away behind him. Troy hurries down a stairwell. Farther up, Chad stares down with a confused look.

[..]
Troy strikes a casual pose as a teacher walks by. He sneaks ahead. Coach Bolton emerges from the building and Troy hides behind a wall. With a furrowed brow, Coach Bolton steps over to see no one. Troy hurries through an auto class. Coach Bolton has a curious look as he steps away. Troy sneaks to a door past a faculty member, who notices him.

Troy: Shortcut.

The faculty member looks at his watch. Troy opens the door to a hallway and leans on it.

Troy: I'm late for class.

The faculty member nods and Troy smiles, sheepishly running on. The faculty member shakes his head. Troy walks backstage and hides behind a janitor's cart. He stops behind a prop camel and peers out. Troy glances across the stage at a piano, then eyes the camel's tassels and over-size glasses. He sneaks behind a curtain and watches as Ms. Darbus and the theater kids walk in. Troy backs away as Ms. Darbus approaches the stage. Ms. Darbus claps for attention and takes center stage as the students sit down.

Ms. Darbus: This is where the true expression of the artist is realized, where inner truth is revealed through the actor's journey where - (school bell rings) was that a cell phone?

Students check their pockets.

Kelsi: No ma'am, that was the warning bell.

Ms. Darbus: Ah, (touching her glasses) Those wishing to audition must understand that time is of the essence. (Troy walks through the auditorium still hiding behind the mop in the janitor's cart, stopping to hear.) We have many roles to cast and the final callbacks will be next week. First, you will sing a few bars and I will give you a sense of whether or not the theater is your calling. (tipping her glasses) Better to hear it from me now than from your friends later. Our composer (gesturing towards her) Kelsi Nielson will accompany you and be available for rehearsals before callbacks. Shall we?

Kelsi plays piano for auditions and mouths the lyrics. Ms. Darbus listens as Sharpay and Ryan grimace.

Random Girl: (singing off-key) It's hard to believe that I couldn't see that you were always right beside me. (snapping fingers) This feeling's like no other. I want you to know. (holding hands to chest and hesitating)