Unforgettable

CHAPTER 1

(Reader's POV)

I was at the store with my mom buying Easter eggs for the kids in our family.

My mom couldn't contain herself. "This is the first time the family is coming to our house for Easter! What kinds of eggs do you think the kids will like?" She looked at some shelves of colorful, gaudy eggs.

I shrugged. "I think it'd be more fun if they get to paint the eggs. You know, let them create memories."

"Yeah. We should do that."

"There are plastic eggs they could paint over there." I pointed to a shelf with plastic white eggs. "They almost look like real ones."

My mom agreed and we bought the eggs. She then took me to see the kids of the family. She claimed that I hadn't seen them in forever. They hugged me with all their might, telling me about how excited they were to see me. Their warm smiles brought a smile to my face.

"(_your name_)! We've missed you!" They smiled at me. "Do you want to go to the park? Its like a forest there. It's so fun!"

"Yeah! There's a lot of trees to climb and swings that go really high. And the flowers there are so pretty!"

"Okay." I laughed.

My aunt took us to the wonderful, forest park my cousins were talking about. They rushed to the playground as I looked around, walking around different parts of the park. I strolled and noticed every detail of this spring wonderland. It all felt completely foreign and unlike anything I've seen. The trees' leaves had dark, forest-green shades. It felt like spring never dimmed here, like it existed here forever. I took in the sweet smells of fresh flowers and dirt. I heard the laughter of children like that was part of the park too. To my surprise, there were rabbits here, scurring throughout multiple bushes, but seeming to follow each other. I saw what looked like a family of rabbits on the edge of the park. I smiled at them and they stared back, breathing quickly seeming not to really be looking at me.

One of them took a step closer. It hopped toward me without hesitation, and it looked into my eyes, seeming to look for something within me.

That's weird. Aren't you supposed to be afraid of humans?

Distracted by its cuteness, I reached out and it shrunk back and ran away. My eyes followed its movement, and that's when I saw the outline of a seven foot tall rabbit. I couldn't see him, but I knew he was there and huge for his species. It suddenly spotted me and scurried away. At that point I had only one thought.

Get the rabbit!

I ran after it and could see the giant, blue-furred figure. It stopped and I tripped over a branch. Luckily, when I landed I took hold of his thick ankle.

"Oh, no!" He had a thick Australian accent.

He was gone, but I was suddenly sliding down a green, grassy tunnel. There were eggs walking around on the side in small holes. They turned as if to see me as I slid by. I looked down and saw a flat surface, the end of the tunnel. Closing my eyes, I landed on my rear at the end of the wide tunnel.

The tall, blue rabbit stood before me, staring down at me. "You're not a child." He rolled his eyes. "This is exactly what I was afraid of." Two giant eggs rotated their face to smile at me. The rabbit hoisted me onto his back. "All right, you've seen enough. It's time for you to go home. "

"What?" I jumped off his back. "I just got here... And I love it." I smiled, looking around at the ever green plants. "What is this place? It looks kinda like the park I was in earlier."

He sighed. "There's no chance of you forgettin' this, is there?"

I shook my head. "Nope." Smiling, I continued looking around at the eggs, plants, and trees.

"Thought so. Well, I am E. Aster Bunnymund the Easter bunny. And this," he gestured around him, "this is my warren." He smiled at me.