Dark Cupidity of Love

(Bunny's POV)

(_your name_) poked my nose, teasing me about my adorableness. I laughed and complimented her.

She smiled at me, and held an apple up to me.

"I prefer carrots, but this looks tasty." I smiled, taking the apple.

"Oh, it is Bunny. It has the most wonderful taste in the world." (_your name_) stood up. "You should try it."

I looked at the apple. "That good?" I looked back at her and the air was filled with gold shimmering. She was beautiful and enchanting. I stood up and held her hand close to my chest. "Darlin, I--"

"Bunny," she placed a hand on my cheek and picked up the apple I dropped without noticing. "Eat it. It's really good."

"I will, but first," our gazes locked and I froze.

Her eyes were locking straight into mine. And that was the problem. It was her eyes, not her.

"(_your name_)?"

She slipped from my hands onto the floor. Blood slowly poured out of her chest.

I could hear Pitch laughing. I looked at him with wide eyes.

He laughed again. "Still have hope, little bunny?" He clasped his hand together, grinning.

I sat up quickly, and (_your name_) bounced off of me onto the floor.

She frantically looked at me. "What's wrong?"

I looked around. The sun was rising and Pitch was no where near in sight.

I jumped a bit when (_your name_) placed her hand on my cheek. "Bunny?"

My heart slowed. "I... I just had a bad dream." I placed my hand on hers. "It's all right."

I barely saw a pair of red eyes looking at us from the trees. I glared and instantly pointed my boomerang at them. "Who are you?"

The figure instantly moved to another tree, then another and another. My boomerang barely keep up with it.

"Show yourself!"

"If that's what you want!" A silver light blinded me, and I held onto (_your name_).

A girl with long brown hair appeared. She dusted off her black skirt and straightened out the long, red scarf over her sleavless black shirt.  She smiled. "Bunny."

I glared at her. "Cupid." I pulled (_your name_) closer to me and pointed my boomerang at Cupid.

"Oh there's no need for that." She grinned. "Not when I can offer you her," she pointed at (_your name_), "forever."

My eyes narrowed more. "What are you saying?"

"That your little girl right there can be with you forever. Free of aging." She smiled.

I blinked. "There's no way. I know magic and there is nothing that can stop her aging."

Her wings transparently appeared appeared behind her as she slightly lifted herself off the ground. "This is a folk lore. Not magic." She grinned and looked at (_your name_). "What do you say kid? Wanna be with Bunny forever, stress-free of age?"

I glared. "What's the catch?"

Cupid flew back a bit. "My, my. So concerned when all along you've been selfish this whole time." She began to circle us. "This whole time her parents have been worried. Her friends in the shadows. Her life left on pause. Just so you could be with her."

"I made that choice too." (_you name_) glared at Cupid. "Bunny doesn't just kidnap me."

Cupid laughed. "Of course." She landed beside (_your name_). "Which is why I'm asking you also." She flew to the other side of the clearing before I could touch her. She walked toward us with her hands behind her back. "And it's not such a painful process." She paused. "If you don't care about the hearts that surround you."

"What?" (_your name_)'s eyes widened.

Cupid held out a golden cup. "All you have to do is drink this." She smiled.

"What is that?"

"The life you want with Bunny."

(_your name_) took a step towards Cupid.

"(_your name_)!" I pulled her back. "It's blood."

"Blood?" She gasped.

I nodded. "The blood of a mermaid."

"Hot off Sandy's beach."

My eyes widened. "Why?"

She smiled. "To help you get the love of your life. You of all the guardians deserve it most."

I glared. "Why should I trust you? You were against the guardians a long time ago when you tried to help Pitch! You fought against us!"

"And now I'm helping you." She took a few steps closer.

I stared at the blood, recalling my dream. My gaze locked with Cupid's. "How do I know this will work?"

Cupid grinned. "I used it on a girl a while ago. She hasn't aged one day." She placed the cup into (_your name_)'s hands and began to walk around us. Her wings disappeared as she spoke. "Just think of it. The two of you, together in each other's arms forever. No one has to die."

"But she has a family."

"But she'll have you. She could help you paint eggs for centuries to come."

"I would never leave you." (_your name_)'s eyes locked with mine. "But--"

"But you have family and friends you'd miss." Cupid grinned. "Your parents would never believe you about this. You'd basically be dead."

(_your name_)'s head lowered.

"Whose side are you on?" I glared at Cupid.

"I'm just making sure you both know full well what this means. Love finds a way, but," she locked gazes with (_your name_), "how far are you willing to go for him?"

Her eyes widened.

"To do the immoral and drink the blood of an innocent creature, and give up the life you have, family and friends? Or to stay as you are and one day let go of Bunny?"

"Shut up!" I threw my boomerang at Cupid, but it missed her both times.

She grinned. "It's all up to you my dear child. Will you be greedy and surrender yourself to one heart?"