Epilogue

I watched the over-sized fur-bag paint eggs for Easter again. He would occasionally pause, probably thinking of (_your name_). My narrow eyes stayed on him as I crossed my arms, watching him prepare. I could see the light in his eye burning. The rabbit smiled as he continued his work without (_your name_), and I felt my glare grow stronger. I began to snarl as I realized that I attempted to destroy him using love and I failed. I couldn't kill (_your name_) because she was practically out of Bunny's arms. Killing her would only make his memory of her even stronger.

I sighed, raking my hair back.

That light will weaken one day. Hope will give in.

"Pitch."

I turned to my girl, the tips of her hair fading to a darker shade. "What is it?"

She smiled at me, gently placing her hand on my cheek. She pulled me into the shadow behind her and we entered my lair at the earth's core. She pointed at a cage. "She's giving in."

My eyes widened as I looked at the cage, taking in her words. I walked toward the cage. Cupid lied in fetal position, relaxed and seeming to fade into the darkness around her. Her wings took their physical appearance in a soft, grey shade. I grinned as I noticed her hair was a dark brown now.

I turned to my girl, wrapping one arm around her waist. "Everything is falling into place, my dear. Soon the guardians won't stand a chance."

"Pitch. You--" She grinned at me, wrapping her arms around my neck. She whispered.

I smiled, kissing her cheek and caressing her back. "This is wonderful." I pressed her against me.

"Isn't it?"

I hugged her, spinning her around in the air. "The guardians will soon have a new threat."

To be continued in Frozen Dreams...