World Hop

Chapter 5

(Bunnymund's POV)

I tunneled to the outback. The man in the moon was shining, but his shine wasn't at his brightest. I looked up at him. "I know you've been watching this whole time. What does this all mean?"

The man in the moon smiled at me. "Bunnymund, last of the wise Pooka race, what do you think it means?" His voice was gentle.

I took in a deep breath and looked away. "I'm... not sure what it's supposed to mean. She's not anything like June, yet I still feel something like that. Even now, it was hard to leave her at her home." I shook my head and looked up at the moon. "She means something to me, doesn't she?"

The man in the moon nodded graciously. "You see you've known the answer all along, Bunnymund."

"You've just been afraid of that answer," a cold voice crept into our conversation.

I turned only to see what I was trying to avoid. Pitch Black knowing my secret. I threw both of my boomerangs, followed by three eggs, at the wanker's face. Smoke was everywhere. I tried to sniff him out, but all I could smell was the explosion of my eggs.

I heard something rush towards me. The smoke around me was becoming darker. I could tell this darkness was a fearling. My boomerangers hadn't returned yet, but I was ready to charge at them. Then there was a light that cleared the smoke and threw the fearling into the air.

The light was a moonbeam that was demolishing the fearling. I felt a presence behind me and instantly pointed my boomerang at it. However, it was Pitch at a distance. 

He grinned at me. "All this time you were afraid that I would find out." He stepped toward me. "Only to realize that I knew all along."

I glared at him. If I flinched he would take advantage of it.

"I've known the whole time, rabbit. First you fear falling for her because of what happened to June, and now you're afraid it might happen to (_your name_)."

My eyes widened.

"Bunny!" The man in the moon tried to reach me, but as I was focusing not to get caught. I was falling in a large shadow to some place underground. Everything was dark, but light was slowly slipping in.

Pitch was walking towards me. "It's too late. I already know your little secret." His grin grew wider.

I threw my boomerang at him.

The boomerang hit his side. He winced, picked it up, and examined it. "This is the exact weapon you let her practice with. Isn't it?"

I threw the other one at him.

He dodged it. "You think that can stop me from reaching her? I don't even have to be there."

I caught my boomerang as it came back and tunneled to the forest where (_your name_) and I met. I caught her scent and hopped to her location. She was sitting on a small bed and logging onto something on a laptop.

I tapped the window and she jumped. She opened the window quickly. "What are you doing here?" My stomach felt lighter as she smiled.

I got in. "Making sure a little favorite of mine doesn't get hurt." I smiled.

Pitch might be coming. I'll take her with me.

I was quickly in her embrace. I tightly held her against me.

Pitch knows, so I no longer have to hide it.

(Reader's POV)

He softly kissed my cheek, then had his gaze meet mine. "If you're not sleepy, you can hide some eggs with me since Easter is in a day in some parts of the world."

"Let's go." I jumped onto his back. "Where are we going?"

He tapped his foot. "New Zealand's lower regions." We hopped in and grabbed a few baskets as we slid through the tunnel. We arrived at the surface and Bunny began telling me where to hide the eggs. "Make sure there's a hint of it so the little ankle bitters can find them."

Once we hid the eggs, Bunny and I slid through tunnels for more eggs and a new location. We hid eggs in 11 different countries before we reached Japan.

"We're really ahead of schedule. Wanna take a break?" Bunny sat on the top of a billboard.

"Yeah." I sat next to him. He rested his head on my shoulder, and his ears wrapped around my head. "I guess that I should tell you to be careful when we hide eggs in Paris."

I tried to look at him. "Why? We're just hiding eggs right?"

He took a deep breath. "I didn't want to tell you that Pitch is after you, that I brought you with me so he wouldn't find you so easily. Also, so you wouldn't be scared and he'd find you by fear."

I put my hand on the side of his cheek and lightly scratched it. "As long as you're with me I have nothing to fear. Pitch won't hurt me as long as you're around right?"

Bunny took his head off my shoulder and smiled at me. "You bet." He slowly kissed my forehead.

I kissed his nose instead of getting the kiss I really wanted.

Bunny smirked and kissed me. Mouth to mouth. He slowly kissed me two more times and slowly moved back, smiling. "Sadly, Darlin', you're gonna have to miss me for the day. I'll pick you up in a few hours."

"What? You're leaving me at the house?"

"Can't have your parents worrying about you. See you, Darlin.'"

I instantly slid down a tunnel and arrived at the room my aunt gave me. I tried to go through the tunnel that brought me back, but it was gone. I smiled.

Damn, Bunny. You just want me to miss you, don't you?