21

୪𝚃𝚎𝚜𝚜୪

Remember that one two thousand fourteen movie Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad day?

Well, I am officially having an even worse terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I woke up one full hour late, proceeded to trip as I rolled out of bed in a hurry and bruised up my thigh pretty good, dropped my makeup pallet on the bathroom floor and made a mess of it, and then realized I woke up with the worst bed head to ever exist.

And I wasn't even out of the house yet!

I continued my day by getting a flat on the way to work, which costed me an extra hour and a half while I waited for help to come on the freeway.

And then I had to wait for a ride because the tow guy only gave me a ride to the shop. He said he didn't want to take me to work, and who was I to argue with him?

I didn't end up getting to work until around lunchtime. Which sucked extra because I had an appointment earlier that I ended up missing.

The lady I missed proceeded to scream at me about wasted time until my next appointment arrived. That created a whole domino effect, and I had to reschedule a few people.

Oh! And you wanna know the worst part about all of this?

I squashed a rollie pollie by accident on my way inside today. So, that was devastating.

Just as I thought things were looking up. I just got back from my no boys allowed trip, and I felt great.

Well—Not great. But fine. Okay. Satisfactory.

There is one person I want to talk to after all of this, and I can't. I just can't. I'm not mad or anything with him. I'm just...scared.

I don't know if I feel the same way about him. And honestly, right now I don't want to think about it.

But I miss him.

I shake my head softly before I look up into the mirror and smile at the nervous little boy who shifts around in his seat. His mom tells him to sit still, but he doesn't listen. I give him a lollipop.

Lately, the smallest things have been reminding me of the two boys who effectively twisted my life around within an hour of each other.

I give the little by a little smile as I lean over the back of his chair. "I know a guy who couldn't sit still either. It's hard, isn't it?" I ask.

The boy frowns as he slowly nods, in the middle of playing absently with the lollipop I just gave him.

I nod as I start pumping his chair up. "That's okay." I assure. "You're going to have to work with me though, okay? Otherwise, you'll look a bit funny once we're done." I playfully warn with a scrunched nose.

He sighs. "Okay."

Levi only shifted around a little bit when I was cutting his hair for him. He did good for me, sitting completely still when I really needed him to.

I don't know how he managed, so unfortunately, I have no advice for this poor little guy. For now, I just work patiently with him and pause when he shifts.

He can't help it, so I don't ask him to stop.

__________

My message goes unread all day. Every now and then I open it just to see if he's read it.