6

Adrian

Her gaze pins me within seconds, her brother forgotten and her anger boiling over. I knew she'd be angry and I knew it'd excite me but,  fuck, she's like an angel gone dark.

"You tattled on me?" Emory hisses and the venom in her voice does things to me that I'm sure she doesn't want to happen. I'm sure she wants the opposite to happen. She wants me to regret what I've done.

I enjoy riling her up. I drown in being the target of her anger because it's me and only me that she gives it to. Not the anger she gives her brother, but pure, unfiltered rage. The side of her no one really expects.

My dark little angel.

"I told him what I saw" I shrug and those chocolate eyes of hers are almost black.

"Hey, doesn't matter, who is he, Mo?" Grayson tries to grab her attention and manages to for a moment.

I keep placing the dishes on her cute little table as if I'd done nothing wrong.

In her eyes I've done nothing but wrong and that sick part of me revels in that. She can be such a powerful little thing and she doesn't even realize it.

"He's my friend" she huffs and then I feel her eyes are on me again.

I love when her eyes are on me because it's such a rare thing to happen. Another reason why I push her buttons, it's the only time she can look me in the eyes.

"I can't believe you tattled on me to my brother, I'm not a child" she points a finger at me.

Far from it, angel.

"Never said you were, Emory" I assure her, trying not to grin at her use of the word tattle.

"What kind of friend? I heard the little shit was handsy and if any prick is gonna get grabby with my sister then-"

"Oh my god" Emory groans and I smirk down at the table that I'm still taking my time setting.

"He wasn't handsy! He played a dumb joke and your idiot friend fell for it" she snaps and I lift my gaze to meet hers, fully intending to drown in her eyes before she looks away.

She always looks away.

Emory holds my eyes and for the first time since I've known her, she really holds them and I almost snap. I almost give in to every urge I have to run over and drop to my knees, completely at her mercy.

That's the kind of power she has over me and the little brat doesn't even know it.

She doesn't know a lot about herself and I fully intend to be the one that helps her get there.

Finally, she looks away and let's out an irritated sigh before she's continuing to set the food she's made on the table, very careful to avoid me at all costs.

"He's my friend, Xander, and even if he was more than that, it wouldn't be your business" she says.

Like hell it isn't.

"I don't pester you about your dating life, get your nose out of mine" she snaps.

"You're saying you have a dating life?" Grayson asks, taking the words right out of my mind and I'm grateful for my best friend all over again.