37

Adrian

Alex left. He promised Emory he wouldn't run his mouth after making her promise she explain herself, the prick.

Emory's been on edge since he's left and I hate that.

We say our goodbyes and thank you's to Charles and Dani, Emory offering happy smiles and waves to their sons which only pisses me off more because they just wink and grin at her solely to piss me off.

They nod at me and I don't bother to return one which results in my girl elbowing me in the stomach.

Loves elbowing people, that woman.

I give a stiff nod before leading her out of the shop, snagging the books I bought her and opening the passenger side with my free hand.

"I can driv- what is that?" she cuts herself off gesturing to the bag and I have to fight a smirk.

"Get in" I nod towards the empty seat and the woman just quirks an eyebrow at me all knowingly and shit.

"Please" that makes her grin and climb in despite her knowledge of me being an asshole right now.

"We're going to work on your manners" she teases, settling in her seat when I shut the door. It's more so that she doesn't see the small smile on my face because her little joke implies that she knows we won't be ending this anytime soon.

Or at all if I have anything to do with it.

I round the car and start it, my hand instantly finding her thigh after placing the bag down by her feet.

Touching her is all I think about and I do it to feed the insatiable beast she's unleashed inside of me.

I can't not touch her. Not when it makes me feel like this.

It's only a two minute drive to her apartment which is probably why she spends so much time in that damn bookshop.

When I park the car, I climb out, grabbing the bag as well as her hand and head up the stairs and inside.

"Adrian-"

I cut her off, putting the books I bought her on the kitchen table and kissing the life out of her because I'm angry and can't help myself. Angry at her but still wanting every part of her. Angry at myself for the way she makes me break every chain of control I worked so hard to keep in place. Angry that she makes me this crazy. Crazy enough to piss us both off and it doesn't make any sense which is why I'm so goddamn angry.

Pinning her against her front door and swallowing the whimpers coming from her mouth. Her hands slide into my hair, tugging and making me groan before I'm kissing down her jaw, right to that sweet spot of hers.

"I'm so fucking pissed at you" I growl, sucking her skin and marking her as mine, not giving a shit about who sees it.

"Ditto" she moans, her hand sliding down my chest until she reaches the front of my jeans. She palms me and my hips involuntarily buck at her touch.

"Fuck" I grit reveling in the way she feels. The way she feels against me, the way she feels me.

She cups me, squeezing me as punishment and I let out a sound that's practically primal.