43

Adrian

She hasn't answered my texts or calls.

I have this bad feeling, a feeling that has me nearly ripping my hair out and freaked out of my fucking mind. Tonight's the night I finally have her to myself and I haven't heard a single thing since I last texted her, telling her to be ready for a night out.

"Have you talk to your sisters?" I ask Grayson as soon as he walks through the door, trying to sound calm and as normal as possible.

"Uh, not today, did you need something?"

"Yeah, but it's not important right now" I lie and swipe my keys from the counter, heading for the door.

"Where you going? Looking all spiffy and shit. Holy shit, are you going on a date?" My best friend grins.

"No" I lie and leave him there, determined to find out what's wrong with my girl.

I should've done this days ago but her fucking voice was in my head reminding me of those goddamn boundaries.

Fuck that. My guts telling me somethings up and I still have a few hours until the time I told her to be ready.

I race to her apartment no doubt breaking every road law ever to exist and not giving a flying fuck about it.

When I make it, I take the steps two at a time and when I'm in front of her door, I fight the urge to just break it down like a fucking psychopath.

Settling on knocking, I knock and knock and knock until it finally swings open.

"It's about damn time, you lasted a lot longer than I thought you would. Taking those boundaries seriously, are we, Harley?"

"The fuck are you doing here? Where is she?" I snarl as Alex stands there, holding a cup of tea and sipping it all nonchalantly making me want to deck him.

"I'm house sitting, Mo's on a little getaway right now" he tells me, taking a loud sip because he knows it's going to piss me off.

"What are you talking about, Harrington?" I grit, swallowing every urge in me that screams kick his ass!

"Come in" he opens the door wider, allowing me to storm through my girls apartment that seems to be much cleaner than usual.

Don't like that. Don't like him snooping around and cleaning her place for her. I really don't like that he knows where she is and I don't.

"Before I tell you where she is, I'm going to give you a little rundown on what's going on before you just storm there and demand she tell you what's wrong" he says, setting his tea on the kitchen table and folding his arms across his chest.

Fuck. I knew something was wrong. I knew the second she didn't reply to my message and I should've fucking drove down here the second I felt something was wrong.

"Where is she?" I growl and he sighs, giving me a judgmental look up and down, the bastard.

"I already told her that I don't like whatever this whole thing is with the two of you. She's the only real good person I've ever known and I think you're shitty" he states and my jaw nearly shatters.