ii.

TWO

"e ti vorrei amare ma sbaglio sempre"- BRIVIDI, mahmood & blanco

- BRIVIDI, mahmood & blanco

september 2015

REGRET WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT IN YOUNG ROSALINES HEART. her mind emptied as she watched her grandmother suffer in silence, muttering only few words when she possibly could.

it had been many days since rosie had reached the canary islands, and had yet to still reunite with many members of her familia. but, her abulela, valeria, was her priority of the present time.

rosie knelt down beside the chair of her grandmother, attempting to form a conversation with herself, her mother, mariana, and valeria. rosie's mother was discussing the familyplans for the future months in the canary islands, until her eyes flickered down onto the neck of her daughter.

her fingers were intertwined with the golden chain which rested upon her neck, a small golden rose dangled upon the edge of the necklace. the same necklace gavi had gifted the girl prior to her leave from barcelona - a gift for her to always remember him, even with the miles between the two.

"you miss him don't you." mariana sighed, it was rare the woman saw her daughter like this, and it truly hurt him to know that not only was her mother suffering, but now so was one of her children.

"how could i not?" rosie rested her back against the wall behind her, her fingers still tangled within the golden necklace which hung from around her neck. "he was my best friend mama."

"i know cariño, i know." her mother comforted, hoping that the support from herself would somehow share a little bit of light upon the girls sadness.

but what her mother did not know, was that burning inside the still-broken-heart of rosaline rómeros, was something other then the memories of her life back in barcelona, but instead a form of hatred towards the city.

for close to a decade, the girl had devoted her time sharing her passion for the sport of football, even her talents leading her family to move into the city, rather then remaining at home, hoping that their daughter would have a possible future with a professional team.

but as the reality of her lifetime sunk in, the rómeros girl realised that the talent that had brought her such happiness at a certain part of her lifetime, was actually drawing her away from those who loved her dearly. and now when her abuela was on the verge of entering the hands of the afterlife, it was only now that the romerós girl wanted to make a change to her life.