viii

EIGHT

"you were my everything"—HAPPIER THAN EVER, billie eilish

—HAPPIER THAN EVER, billie eilish

    IT WASNT THAT ROSIE WASNT AWARE OF HER WRONG-DOINGS. quite the opposite actually, she was an extremely self-aware person. she knew for a fact when she was in the wrong, but somehow, her mind would continue with the action, and would continue to hurt the individual who she had taken out her actions upon.

    so, being the conscious person she is, rosie's mind formed up with every possible incident she had done that resulted in the boy's question. the obvious answer, was the girl blocking him out of her life for six years, however, there was so many other reasons that he could have to resent the seventeen year old next to him.

    was it the fact she moved? leaving him? was it the fact she turned down barcelona when she was first offered the position? was it that she'd walked away from him when they ran into each other? or, or was it even that fact she lightly slapped pedri at the table? god, maybe being self aware isn't the best of things.

    even when she was faced with the countless reasons why the gavira teen had questioned her, each possible answer always led back to the one she first assumed. why did she never call him.

    "i... uh... what?" she repeated, mentally cursing herself for her response. of course she knew why! but all the other words in her vocabulary had suddenly been removed from her speech, and instead had only been limited to what.

    gavi pushed himself away from the rails, his hands releasing themselves from the metal. his eyebrows furrowed at the girls words. unsure if she was genuinely asking what.

    "what? what? rosie i'm not here to play some pathetic guessing game with you!" he fumed, his arms moving around with his words. "dios mío! we both know what i'm talking about here rosie."

    it was true, the two were utterly aware to the topic of the conversation. and there was no denying it. yet somehow, rosie still fumbled on her words, unsure on how to respond to the heartbroken mess next to her.

     "i couldn't bare it gavi." she begun, slowly recollecting her words. "the regret-"

    those final words infuriated the boy even more. he didn't even allow the girl to finish her explanation. "regret? are you being serious! you regret what? being friends with me? is that all it took, a few days? a few days for you to realise that what, you're better than me or something?"