vii.

SEVEN

 "shadows settle on the place that you left"—YOUTH, daughter

—YOUTH, daughter

DINNERS ARENT NECESSARILY SUPPOSED TO BE AWKWARD, right? well, this one certainly was. the tension within the atmosphere was clear-as-day, and the knife which rested to the left of rosaline, was certainly enough to cut it.

    it had only been several minutes since the group sat down for the meal, towards each end of the table, their was nothing but high spirits, every person dotted along the outside, with smiles plastered upon their cheery faces.

    yet as you came closer towards the middle of the table, it was nothing but pure silence. but if eye contact was audible, you certainly would be able to hear the flames, burning from the eyes of the youngest pair, rosie and gavi.

    the pair had been positioned opposite one another, a simple metallic card engraved with their names, resting infront of the pair, indicating their selected seats for the arrangement — if it weren't for these indications, rosie would have much rather preferred to be seated as far away from the boy as possible (outside, away from the home ideally.)

    luckily for the pair, the gonzález brunette was stationed to the right of the blonde, and to her left, sat lucia sánchez. both very much aware of the tension in which was brewing. and both very much fearful of a possible sudden outburst from the conflicting duo.

     rosie huffed, releasing the air which had been confined within her mouth. her eyes trailed down to the piece of silverware to her side, as her fingers slowly found themselves in contact with the steel, gently twirling them within her fingers.

"hermana cuidadosa!" pedri snapped, gently hitting the back of his cousins hand, making her drop the cutlery, the clink of the metal reacting with the table, echoing through the room. — in this case, pedri referred to her as his sister. it had become a more common phrase the two would exchange in recent years, and now the pair usually would introduce the other as their sibling, rather than cousin.

"you're going to take poor lucia's eye out!" he continued, as if he was ordering a child to stop 'playing around' and rather instead settle. rosie gave a quick apology to the girl, feeling awful that her trance could have possibly harmed her friend.

funnily enough, those words were the first spoken since they arrived in their seats. not even ansu, who was placed to the left of gavi, had dared to initiate any conversation. he too was familiar with the incident between the rómeros and gavira pair, however unlike the others, he was unaware to the fact that the two had briefly ran into each other.