iii.

THREE

"don't you give me up

"don't you give me up."
-DARK RED, steve lacy

september 2015

"I PROMISE" ITS A SIMPLE PHRASE RIGHT? well, for pablo gavi, that simple phrase in question, shattered his world in its entirety. rosaline rómeros was everything to him. even more then the girl knew she was to him.

so when the girl announced to him that she would be departing the north of españa, and relocating back to her home within the canary islands. the boys heart was torn apart into pieces.

all that he wished the girl would do, was to not forget him, to call him every opportunity the girl had. all he wanted was some sort of friendship with the girl he oh- so- desperately wanted to love.

but what did he know about love? the boy was only eleven years of age. he was always confused to wether the feelings he shared towards the young rómeros girl was something more then platonic. but he would brush the idea off from his shoulders. if it were anything other then platonic, it was only a measly childhood crush - everyone has one surely?

but no matter what, he cared for the girl, she was undoubtedly the gavira boys best friend. and he would make time throughout his day, to sit by his house phone, dialling the exact number over and over again, hoping that one of these days, she will finally answer him.

"still no answer hijo?" elena gavira asked, placing a comforting arm upon her son.

"i can't believe it." he sighed. "she promised me she'd call me as soon as she got there, it's been days mama!" eleven year old gavi complained, brushing the arm of his mother away from his shoulder.

"pablo, the poor niña is struggling, she's moved away, leaving everything behind to see her abuela, you must understand her."

the boy knew she would be struggling, but hoped that he would be the one way to help her overcome that pain within her lifetime, he always used to be, why was it so different now?

"i know mama, but you can't blame me for being irritated? she was my best friend." the gavira brunette continued, clearly trying to overcome the feelings of sorrow with resentment instead.

gavi sighed, dropping his back against the wall behind him, this time, his eyes were no longer lingering upon the phone to his right, but now straight into some sort of trance, flooding with the unanswered questions of his lifetime.