Ghost's childhood

This is all in Ghost's POV.

"Simon honey can you come help mom?"

I got up off the chair and walked over to mother giving her a hand, we carried the television into the living room and onto the empty floor. Mother walked over to me and rubbed my head messing my hair up.

"You're so strong!" She picked me up and tossed me in the air as I giggled.

"Put me down!" I squirmed.

She set me down and knelt down to my height,

"Look Simon, this TV now belongs to you, okay?"

"Just me?"

"Well for us but mostly you, yes."

"Okay."

"You see, daddy comes home tomorrow morning and you know how mommy and daddy sometimes get into silly little fights?"

"mhm."

"When mommy and daddy get into silly little fights I just want you to sit down and just turn on your favorite show and watch it okay? Just until Mommy and Daddy stop having the silly fight."

"But why do I have to? Can't I just be in my room?"

"Simon, you remember what happened last time, you kept listening in on us and Daddy got really mad didn't he?"

"Yeah."

"We don't want that to happen again, okay?"

"Okay mama."

"That's my Simon."

She kissed my forehead and stood back up.

"I am going to see what we can do for food okay? You can plug in the tv with that chord."

"okay."

I watched her disappear down the hall. I looked around me, the living room was completely empty, we had hardly any furniture since a majority of it got destroyed. I plugged in the tv and piled up a few blankets and pillows making a small seat for me to sit on.

-----

overtime the tv became the only way Simon's 12 year old mind coped with the fighting of his parents. His dad drank more and more and became far more abusive then ever. His mom was always covered in bruises but lied to Simon saying they were marks of love, Simon wasn't stupid, he knew what they were and he knew what is dad was, his dad was a monster and a murderer.
-----

I sat on my floor playing with my toy cars until a loud sudden crashing noise came from the kitchen followed by mamas scream. I jumped startled and froze, I heard screaming and yelling, the silly little fights turned into throwing punches, knives and much worse. I stood up and quietly creeped to the kitchen area, peeking behind the wall.

"Dumb Whore! YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT I SPEND THE MONEY ON."

He raised his fist at her as she flinched holding her arms above her head sobbing.

"p-please just calm down.."

"YOU THINK I FUCKING CARE ABOUT ANY OF THIS SHIT?" He kicked the bottom cupboard breaking the door.

"We need the money to raise Simon and provide food for him!"

"FUCK THAT LITTLE SHIT, HE MEANS NOTHING TO ME, DON'T YOU GET THAT. HE CAN PROVIDE FOR HIMSELF."

She stood up shakily,

"He's a little boy!"

"AND WHAT? WHEN I WAS A LITTLE BOY I WASN'T CRYING LIKE A GODDAMN BABY 24/7, HE'S A SPOILED LITTLE BRAT."

"Don't say that!"

He grabbed her by the neck and shoved her against the wall choking her,

"Fucking tell me what to do one more time and I swear to god I will put a bullet through your GODDAMN SKULL."

She was trying to gasp for air when I jumped out in tears and bit his leg hard, he let out a scream and dropped her as she fell to the ground.

"LEAVE MOMMY ALONE!"

His fist came to my face as I knocked backwards onto the floor

"Don't touch Simon!" Mommy screamed.

He turned around and pushed her back down as the back of her head smacked into the wall causing her to bleed.

He grabbed me by my foot and pulled me up as I started screaming and kicking, I kicked him in the nose as he jerked back and grabbed my arm twisting me around. His fist once again came to my face but multiple times at once, my face throbbed in pain. He threw me onto the floor and started stomping on my body, I screamed helplessly.

Mother slowly stood up dizzily, she grabbed the kitchen knife and stabbed him in the arm.

"LEAVE SIMON ALONE!"

He yelped in pain and looked at the blood dripping down his arm, he looked at her as she slowly backed up. He went down the hallway into the bedroom and came back out with a gun, he aimed it at her and backed her up into the living room.

"LOOK WHAT YOU FUCKING DID, YOU RUINED MY LIFE!"

"Please stop! Put the gun down, please, Simon is only 12!"

"STOP FUCKING SPEAKING YOU BITCH!"

He smacked her with the gun, she coughed up blood everywhere as her body lie bloody on the ground. Everything was so blurry.

----
"And I remember, I ran into my parents bedroom, grabbed another gun and while I did I heard his go off. That moment my whole world froze.. it felt like time froze completely. I cocked the gun and walked out there to see him hovering over her lifeless body. Before I could, he shot himself."

Ever since then Ghost was taken into Foster Care but his mind became twisted and he started getting into a lot of gang violence, after getting in trouble by police too many times he was taken into Custody by his Uncle. His uncle was no better than any other place Ghost had been, he was a drug dealer and Ghost got tangled into a lot of the deals which most included murder and violence. After the death of his parents spread around the rumors and twists of the stories had also spread, soon enough lots of people believed Ghost was at fault of his parents death or more so was the one to murder them.

---

My eyes teared up as I was speechless, I wrapped my arms around Ghost hugging him tightly.

"I am so, sorry."

I leaned back and looked at him,

"Don't be. There's nothing you could have done."

"I, I don't know what to say.. that really breaks my heart, tremendously. I am sorry for the things I had said.. before, I am so fucking sorry Ghost, I won't forgive myself, ever."

He looked at me and kissed me.