New Beginnings

One moment I'm in an amazing sleep, no pain, then the next moment I'm screaming at the top of my lungs being told to push by multiple doctors at once. God I'm freaking the fuck out.

"Baby, you can do this." Simon says worried.

I look at him as I squeeze his hand and scream even more. There's doctors crowded around and one specifically at the end of the bed telling me to push more. I swear I'm about to start seeing stars.

"YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!" The doctor shouts.

I'm squeezing Simon's hand like my life depends on it, I feel like I'm about to explode and I'm quite literally pushing a fucking human out of me.

"I can't" I sob

"You can, come on baby you're almost there." Simon reassures me, I'm surprised he can even stand seeing this.

"ONE MORE, 3..2...1..."

I scream and push as much as my body will let me, suddenly I feel a relief as the doctors are all rushing around and ordering each other.

I lean back down and catch my breath, I look at Simon who's just staring down at whatever there doing. I can't read his expression and it's fucking scaring me.

"Simon? Simon!" I cry

He looks at me and back over as I see the doctor holding up the baby then rushing it over to the table across the room. I sob in relief and Simon hugs me gently.

"Holy shit Y/N.. I just fucking witnessed that."

"I just fucking did that." I laugh through tears.

The doctors cheer and some exit the room, one walks over to me with the baby wrapped in a tiny blanket. She looks down at me with a smile as I sit up.

"Boy." She lowers his fragile body down into my arms. I cradle him as they clean up. I look over at Simon.

"Hold him." I say.

He pauses but does so, he ever so gently picks him up and holds him in his arms. I watch Simon stare down at his son and for the first time, I see Simon smile widely and a tear roll down his cheek.

"He looks just like you." I smile at the sight.

Honestly, I never once pictured having the son of the man I hated at first. Well, hates a strong word, maybe it's just the way he intimidated me, but still. I'll forever love this man and our son for the rest of my life, even beyond that.

(What are you naming him?)

Thank you guys for reading! I know the story was rushed at the beginning and quite long, but you made it! I appreciate the support, make sure to check out 143 🎀🫶