chapter teen

" WE'RE TURNING THE PHONES off in teen minutes, call your parents because we won't be turning them on unless there's something urgent," Spencer bossed as he was completely focused on the road ahead of him. We were two hours away from the city, I didn't know where we were going, I just knew that I was packing a bag for a couple of days of travel. Spencer is too smart to kidnap me like this, he certainly had no reason to. I was his in every sense - and besides, graduation and the whole celebration around it is in a week and a half. He wouldn't dare do such a thing.

"Even I turned off the work phone. I contacted JJ that I will take a couple of days off, they are definitely forcing me to take annual leave," he looked at me for the tenth time to assure me that the world will succeed without him on duty.

"At least tell me where we're going," doesn't help, it doesn't help that I'm snuggled in the passenger seat and that I'm wearing short black shorts and his brown sweater. Spencer is not easy to bribe, he knows how to resist manipulation.

"You'll see when we arrive at the final destination," he laughed, after which he pulled my cheek. "Let me drive a little", maybe this will let me, then it will tell me directions.

"There's no way I'm going to let you drive. Do you even have a driver's license?", I nodded. "When was the last time you drove?", he proves his point with this question.

"I haven't driven in about eight months", that's when I last visited my parents. I have a feeling that we are separated even though we are family, everyone is on the other side of the country.

"Some studies have proven that women are more careful drivers and cause fewer crashes, but men are more experienced and know better the mechanics and when to slow down," welcome to science facts with Spencer Reid. He starts a conversation in this way at least five times a day.

"In principle, you doubt me dear", I emphasize it dear. "I just don't want us to die before we make a lot of babies," Spencer Reid is also obsessed with babies.

We drove for a long time, maybe even thirty hours. We were at the other end of the country. we took breaks, which I barely remember because I overslept half way through, I woke up in the morning moody and hungry After many random conversations, arguing about where to eat, I finally saw a sign on the side of the road that said Las Vegas. We're in Vegas baby. I look at him in surprise.

"We're just passing through, we'll stop on the way back," I felt like a small child who didn't get the toy he wanted. "I was hoping for a real Vegas experience. The casino, the nightlife...," Spencer cut me off mid-sentence.

"Umm, I've been banned from every casino in Las Vegas. My math skills are miraculously cheating, I couldn't get you there. They remembered me," oh why didn't this surprise me, this man is a genius.

"Then where are you taking me?", I asked him again. "Can we stop at the pump, I think I got my period," I tell him honestly what the problem is. He looks at me worriedly after suddenly turning the car and turning off the highway towards some alleys. He knew the streets, didn't drive hesitantly and didn't stop at all. Until we came to a house in a quiet part of town. "Welcome to my childhood home, it was the only one close to us"

He took the old keys out of his bag as he unlocked the white wooden door with some hesitation. "You can take a bath and we can rest a bit here. We have until the end of the day to check in to our accommodation.", he laughed nervously. Where is he taking me and why is he so nervous?

While I was running the water in the tub, Spencer brought me a clean wardrobe as well as items for personal hygiene. There was a strange atmosphere between us, he seemed sad, nervous, but he also tried to be caring and attentive towards me. After half an hour I left the hot tub, feeling much more comfortable in clean clothes. How many countries did we cross, the weather always changed a few degrees, now it was too warm. I walked over to Spencer who was sitting where I had last seen him. He was looking at the old family pictures that had been in this house all these years. "I should sell the house, Mom won't be any better off when she goes back there. And my life is focused on Quantico," I feel vindicated for my decisions. I don't want him to feel obligated to tell me about the past, he has time for all that.

"You think you'll never live in this house again?" I feel his gaze on me, "I don't", the short answer says more than many sentences.

"Do you want to hear the brutal truth, Ally?" his voice gives me goosebumps, it takes me a few moments to swallow the lump in my throat. "I want."

Spencer cleared his throat a few times and almost overdid it until he started an unexpected conversation. "I... i'm really bad at talking about these things, but since we're together and this is our time to spend a few days alone, maybe it's better to talk about these things as far away from our comfort zone as possible," he looks at me like a little dog, as if waiting for my approval to continue with the story.

"I want to warn you, this is definitely not something you want to talk about, there are no nice moments. I want you to see me all naked, I want you to know every brutal truth about me," I feel very bad, like a dull pain has stabbed me in the heart area. I can hardly breathe properly.

"I'll listen to you, I think I can handle whatever it's", I want him to know that he can open up to me completely and that I'm more than just a hot body.

"A few years ago, I came across an alternative treatment for my mother, as there is still no safe treatment for schizophrenia. The doctor who dealt with it was in Mexico, but I met her here, at the institute where my mother is housed. I made an appointment with her, went to Mexico and took my first round of medication, but my mother realized something was wrong, she was having a bad day, locked herself in the bathroom and spilled all the bottles in the toilet, so I ran out of medication and had to go back there to get it," he sighs deeply, I watch his body language. He was tense, his muscles were cramped, as if he was paralyzed by the fear that could be seen in his eyes.

"I never went with the card that I was a special agent with the FBI, it was not business, it was personal. but that was a bad decision because I was arrested the same day. I was fleeing from the police in a car that had a large amount of narcotics in the trunk. . I was high, my thoughts were almost nonexistent. I got arrested for killing someone," I tried to respond calmly, because he was not done with the story, just pausing to catch his breath and calm down as best he could.

"The only positive thing about this whole thing is that my team was there for me. They fought like lions to prove I was innocent; because I am. Cat Adams, I am sure you have heard all the news about her, along with another girl who was a victim a few years ago, they framed me for murder. I just spent some time in jail, Ally," his voice gradually broke into pained tones, he was completely vulnerable.

"I used to put bad people in jail and the next minute I was with them. Being a federal cop in prison is a very bad thing, they wanted to hurt me. Every day I spent there, my mind dwindled a little bit more. Just a few years ago, I would have been afraid of myself at moments like that I would have been surprised at the kind of person I became after all of this," I held his hand as he recounted his traumatic moments in his life. As Spencer relived those moments, he was afraid of himself. That's why fear prevailed in his eyes.

"Shortly after my thirtieth birthday, I watched a jealous girl kill the only person who loved me for who I was. I watched her die, that day I saw her for the first time. I did not even kiss her or hug her," I said afterwards. I cannot imagine how many more traumas and bad memories are hidden behind his beautiful face and ever-present smile. I hated myself for staying silent all this time; I wanted to let him speak out what he had to say.

"I am scared to death Ally; I am scared that I might lose the people I love. Now you are here, that's why I am scared; I am scared that someone bad will find out about you. A lot of them have left me, I do not think I have the ability to process someone else leaving.", warm salty liquid ran down our faces, we both felt broken. It broke my heart that he had to go through all this at such a young age.

"I do not want to lose you, you are the only light in my life after everything that's happened," now he was in my arms, I tried to hug him tight enough to let him know I was there and would always be there for him.

"I wish you knew that you were the only light in my life and that I was glad you came to me that day in the library," I ran my nose over his head before kissing him on the cheek.

"You did not deserve any of this, you are first and foremost an unspoiled soul who deserves happy ending," I whisper as I try to hold back my tears. Because of the hormones in my cycle, I was even sadder.

"I love you, Spencer Reid", the truth finally left my mouth. "i love you for who you are, you are perfect for me"