✧*̥˚ Daddy *̥˚✧

Kes

Once I'm home, I collapse on the floor and put my face in my hands. I'm worried that things are growing complicated.

I moved here to start a new life. One where I'm independent. I feel like I've already failed myself.

Joel is.... so different from anyone I've ever met before. He is tender and caring, and simultaneously gruff and stern in all the sexiest ways. I'm not sure if it's the age gap and level of maturity, but it is a breath of fresh air.

He is a Man.

My ex-boyfriend never put much thought into my needs and it caused me to prioritize him over myself. I want very badly to avoid that behavior.

With Joel, I don't feel like he would ever put me in a position where I had to sacrifice my entire autonomy, especially against my will. He is hard to read, but at least he is honest.

I shake my head. I'm scared of putting myself in a situationship. I have no idea what a relationship with him would even look like, given our ages. I still don't know quite how old he is, but I know he's probably lived twice as long as I have. Does that scare me? I haven't quite figured that out yet. I don't think it does, but I've never been in a situation like this. Plus, how does he feel about it? Does he have the same reservations I do?

Last night he told me that I don't know him that well, and it's glaringly true. So far, our conversations have been as deep as a puddle. I frown.

The physical attraction is obvious, but would I be able to connect with him emotionally? It seems like that is what Joel is wondering too, given his reluctance last night.

These feel like important questions, but at the same time I feel guilty for even wondering. It was never my plan to complicate things such as my sex life and love life, especially after a still fresh and recent break up.

I groan with frustration. I have no idea how to navigate this and I feel like I'm going to start overthinking this.

I need a break. I pull myself up and begin meticulously unpacking boxes. Maybe a clutter-free home will unclutter my thoughts.

••••••••

After a few hours of unpacking and breaking down boxes I hear a knock on the door. I move to the foyer and lift myself up on my toes to look through the peephole. My bed has been delivered.

I open the door and let the furniture employee in. I direct them up the stairs where they manage to haul my mattress and unassembled bed frame.

The workers make their way back downstairs and give me a nod, "You're all set, ma'am."

I look at them with confusion, "I thought delivery included free furniture assembly?"

"I'm sorry, ma'am," the worker says exasperated, "But that would have been an additional fee. I did not see a payment in our logs."

I sigh. Stupid furniture Bob never disclosed that information. "Well, okay then. Thank you."

"No problem. There should be a set of instructions and an Allen wrench included in the box." The workers nod at me before leaving my home. I stand on the front porch and watch them drive away.

Before I can turn to go back inside, I catch a glimpse of Joel in his front lawn. He is wearing those gods forsaken grey joggers and a loose black v-neck. He has ear pods in and is lightly stretching, taking turns extending out his muscular legs.

How does this man just ooze sex appeal in everything he does? It's really not fair. Joel takes off in the opposite direction and lightly jogs down the street and out of sight.