𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆

SAFE PASSAGE

WITH NO OTHER ESCAPE ROUTE, they turned to Kattegat's docks, aiming to reach England

WITH NO OTHER ESCAPE ROUTE, they turned to Kattegat's docks, aiming to reach England. Under the cover of the night, Björn and Ubbe led the charge, eliminating any guards obstructing their path. Meanwhile, Heahmund remained close to Sophie.

On the boat to England, Sophie couldn't help but notice Lagertha's eyes fixed on Bishop Heahmund as he sat beside Sophie, deep in thought, sword in hand.

Ubbe spoke to Sophie, breaking her from her reverie. "You meant what you said, didn't you? That you would protect us, not feed us to the wolves."

"Why would we lie?" Heahmund interjected.

"Because you are back in England," Lagertha pointed out, causing Heahmund to sigh.

"Because it makes everything different," Ubbe added.

"Are you afraid that we'll betray you?" Heahmund asked.

"Not afraid," Lagertha said, her gaze still on the Bishop. "I just wonder."

Their conversation was interrupted when Bishop Heahmund spotted the King's army. They were back in England, and Sophie noticed the hostility in her brother's army, including her nephew Aethelred. They were, after all, on a Viking ship, the vessel of their enemies.

"Do not shoot!" Bishop Heahmund shouted in their native language as he rushed to the head of the boat, and Sophie followed.

"Do you not recognize me?" he continued. "Don't you recognize the Princess?"

"It's me, Sophie!" Sophie called to her nephew, who turned to one of his soldiers.

"Put down your weapons," he ordered.

"All we want is to be taken to meet your father," Bishop Heahmund said, with Sophie standing beside him. "King Aethelwulf."

"And why have you brought the Vikings with you?" Aethelred asked. Sophie exchanged a few assuring glances with Heahmund before she stepped forward.