real estate agent xie lian

Fresh Fruit and a Proposal

Ever since he had been banished, Shi Qingxuan's life was like an endless loop. Boring to say the least. He would wake up, get out of his pile of raggedy blankets, scavenge for food— maybe do a bit of busking if he had enough energy for it.

Although he had always been optimistic and never once complained about his situation, often he would remember the vintage wines he would drink and the expertly prepared foods he would eat with Ming Yi— the expertly prepared foods he would eat.

On that note, he missed his friends. He used to be the most popular person in the heavenly capital, everyone was friends with him and he was friendly with everyone. He would donate merits to those who asked, he always tried to keep others comfortable and keep situations calm but all those people he helped, where were they now?

Where were they now that he was in a time of need? Where were they now that he didn't have a single merit to his name and much less merits to give to them? Where were they now that he had lost his money, his temples, his status... his brother...

The only person who had really stayed by him was Xie Lian. He visited as often as he could, saving some time for Shi Qingxuan even though he had to manage to be a god and a husband to a ghost king. They had their own lives, he was just thankful that Xie Lian made time for him at all.

Even Crimson Rain Sought Flower accompanied Xie Lian in his visits. Xie Lian would always bring food with him so that Shi Qingxuan wouldn't have to busk or beg for a while, although his highness wasn't the greatest of cooks, on those good days when Hua Cheng came along, due to his influence on the cooking, sometimes— just sometimes, the food wouldn't be burnt to a crisp or totally poisonous.

On a happier note, after eating Xie Lian's cooking for so long, his immune system had become untouchable! He could eat rotten scraps from the road and he wouldn't be sick— arguably, that was a treat compared to his highness's cooking.

---

After sleeping out in the streets for so long, Shi Qingxuan had developed a sunkissed complexion. As a heavenly official, he was always between reports and eating which meant he only ever went out at night which made him look rather pale, the warm and healthy glow to his face was definitely a pleasant change.

He had collected some money from busking over the past few days and he could finally afford some fresh fruit from the farmer's market near his scrap house. He walked over and bought a small bag of fresh exotic fruits and got a discount from the seller;

"Half price! You look very skinny, my boy. It would do you some good to eat some fruit." The fruit seller beamed as he waved Shi Qingxuan off.

He returned the smile and started to make his way back to his 'house', in his excited step, he accidentally bumped a young man's hat off his head and immediately whirred around to apologize; "I'm so sorry, sir! Are you alright?"

To his surprise, when the man turned around, he saw Xie Lian's gentle smile. It was a nice surprise for both of them. Xie Lian beamed; "Qingxuan. How have you been? I was just coming to visit you now and thought I would get some fresh fruit for you along the way."

Shi Qingxuan shook his head with a grin; "It's alright, your highness. I just got some for myself. What made you stop by?"

They started to walk together, back to Shi Qingxuan's home while talking.

"Oh, nothing. I just wanted to check in on you." Xie Lian replied.

"Ah, thank you!" Shi Qingxuan chuckled softly, it wasn't often he got visitors who weren't the other beggars (or Pei Ming who brought him some fancy clothes from the heavenly capital at his late brother's request).

Unfortunately, their conversation was cut off by the metal sheet that Shi Qingxuan had placed over his makeshift home for shelter, falling to the ground, rattling as it spun into an immobile position.

"Oh dear, I'll have to get that fixed up." Shi Qingxuan muttered as he walked over to pick up the scrapped metal.

Xie Lian frowned before saying; "Ahem... Wind Master, I know it might be a bit rude for me to say but... don't you think this accommodation is a little... uncomfortable?"

Shi Qingxuan grinned awkwardly and choked out a laugh; "Aha... that's true but it will just have to do. It's all I can afford. It isn't too bad though, the metal has only fallen on me twice this month."

Xie Lian returned the uncomfortable laughter before brightening up and saying; "I have an idea! Why not come stay in Puqi Shrine? Me and San Lang spend most of our time in Ghost City now so maybe you can take care of it while we're gone and then you'll have a comfortable place to stay!"

Shi Qingxuan's eyes widened with relief; "Really? That would be amazing. You're too kind, Dianxia." He pulled Xie Lian into a tight hug, spinning him about as he did so.

Xie Lian smiled softly and patted Shi Qingxuan's back; "Don't mention it. I'll come back tomorrow and show you the way. Just try to get a good night's sleep and prepare for the move before then."

Shi Qingxuan noddeded eagerly and sent Xie Lian off with a more positive outlook on the days to come.