wingman hua cheng

Blackwater pulls a Hua Cheng 

After 3 days of searching He Xuan went to go vent his frustrations to Hua Cheng. Even though he was severely in debt to him he would still listen when He Xuan screamed about not being able to find Shi Qingxuan.

He went to Puqi Shrine to find Hua Cheng although this time he was nowhere in sight. He found some villagers out the front who had seen him before and asked about him. "Have you seen a rather tall man dressed in red robes who travels with a man dressed in white?" It was rather vague but knowing Hua Cheng and Xie Lian they would know. "Actually they both moved away about 3 days ago and left it to their friend in teal." 

A friend in teal? He Xuan thanked them before walking towards the shrine, could it be Shi Qingxuan? If he gave his gifts now after finding him he would just find this a creepy stalker-like obsession. He needed to rebuild trust with him no matter how annoying that would be. 

Right before knocking on the door, he transformed into a rather nice disguise, it didn't look like his original form or Ming Yi and was thrown together rather quickly. He wore black robes with yellow accents and added a small scratch to his cheek. Using the Hua Cheng method might work considering the similarities between Xie Lian and Shi Qinguxuan.

He then walked into the shrine to pretend to pray. "Ah Hello there!" He looked over to the side where the teal friend they had told him about was sweeping, this was indeed Shi Qingxuan... he wasn't wearing the robes he gave him... maybe he didn't like them? Maybe he didn't like changing forms anymore. 

"Daozhong... I need some... help..." He tried to sound happier than usual. If he was gloomy it might not take him a lot of time to be discovered. "Ah spare the formalities, just call me Feng." He smiled before gesturing for He Xuan to follow him. He hated to admit it but basking in the warm personality that was Shi Qingxuan was so good to feel again. 

"So what was it you needed help with? Oh and what's your name young one." He hadn't thought this far and randomly came up with a name. "Um, my name is Hong... and I was wondering whether you would let me stay in this shrine for a while my family recently perished and I needed a place to stay... I heard about this place from an old friend..." That sounded likely and if he said it was Hua Cheng he would probably help out.

"Oh of course! I'm so sorry for your loss. Who was this friend may I ask?" He was definitely going to have to bother Hua Cheng with this. "It sounds a bit weird to be friends with a Ghost King but it was Hua Chengzhu. He told me this a year ago or something so I was wondering if I would still be able to stay here." He chuckled. Shi Qingxuan turned around to get some tea. Then he jumped into their communication array. 

"One-Eye If Shi Qingxuan or Xie Lian asks my name is Hong and my family died in a flood. I came to Puqi Shrine looking for a residence and you recommended I stay here about a year ago." 

Hua Cheng didn't have much of an opportunity to respond as He Xuan didn't have a lot of time till Shi Qingxuan turned around so he just said. "Okay this will be added to your debt enjoy chasing your lover." Before he had a chance to argue Shi Qingxuan turned around. "Is there anything you would like for dinner?" He Xuan simply said anything was fine.

The smell was so enchanting. He smiled softly while watching Shi Qingxuan cook. "Oh, I'll go gather some firewood for you." He then left out the door. About 10 minutes later after a quick meeting with Hua Cheng, he returned with his arms filled with firewood. "Wow! Hong, you're amazing you chopped so much wood!" He rushed over and placed them beside the stove. "This might last us a week!" 

They enjoyed a hearty meal just like the good old days, Shi Qingxuan couldn't place his finger on it but Hong had a weird but warm aura. Every now and then he could swear his body was covered in ghost qi but it was probably nothing. 

"You can use my spare bed-" Just as Shi Qingxuan turned to grab the bed he saw a red flash and all of a sudden it was gone! "Well, I guess we'll just have to share." All of a sudden in his ear he heard "You're welcome lover boy~" 

He Xuan awkwardly got into bed and immediately rolled over and tried to go to sleep. "Wait. He has a mortal body and I'm really cold because I'm dead. I should just get up after he falls asleep so he doesn't fall sick." He thought to himself and that's exactly what he did. 

After listening to Hua Cheng rant about Xie Lian for hours he had actually learned some things about disguising himself around mortals or Heavenly Officials.