i'll look after you...

That night when he came to check on Shi Qingxuan he found the hut emptied of everything. Even the mat was gone! Did something happen? He immediately burst in, tearing the place apart trying to find him. Eventually, he found the note on the chair he normally placed gifts on. 

Hey mystery person,

Sorry, I didn't say anything earlier but thank you so much for all the things you gave me. It really helped me out especially now that I am not an official anymore. I am assuming you are an official I know perhaps one of the tumors. 

"Tch. I would never be associated with those corrupt fuckers." 

Either way, I am moving away now to live in a different village so you don't need to take care of me anymore. Thank you so much.

Shi Qingxuan

"He... left..." He felt his hand shaking as he dropped the small scroll to the floor before falling back into the chair. "Who's the stalker now." He heard a deep voice behind him, turning around quickly he saw a Ghost King clad in Red and Black with a bead on the end of their hair. "Hello, Hua Chengzhu." He said before turning around and groaning about his situation more. 

"Did you really think you could sneak into my territory for years unnoticed? I'm not a Heavenly Official so consumed by myself that I wouldn't notice your odd obsession with sneaking into the same house over and over granting gifts despite your financial situation." His attitude was testing Hua Cheng's current patience and happy mood and it was clear.

"He left. I can't protect him if I don't know where he is." He Xuan buried his head in his hands, noticing Hua Cheng's smug face he turned back around. "What." Hua Cheng strolled around the room looking for the damages He Xuan might have caused. "I remember you saying he was getting what he deserved centuries ago... seems you still care... no l-" Before he could say the following He Xuan cut in. "Those are erroneous thoughts." 

"If you really want to know where he is I may look for him but learn from me and go look for him. You won't achieve anything by sitting here groaning about failing to stop him from leaving." He hated to admit it but he was right, he got up from his place, bowing his head slightly to Hua Cheng in acknowledgment before exiting. He needed to call for his minions to search for him.

✰✰✰

Once he was back in his lair and had all his little underlings summoned before him he started the order Shi Qingxuan was all that his mind really had in it so he just made it up as he went.

"You are to stop all work to look for a man by the name of Shi Qingxuan, he is currently using the alias Feng." He turned to finish his own work until someone piped up. "Sir I remember this name from a few years ago, I believe you killed his brother and spared him. Would you like us to finish the job?" He Xuan immediately spun on his heel, angered he shouted. "No! Did you even listen? Figure out where he is and report back. Do not lay a finger on him." 

(A/N) 

protective boyfriend vibes though. Last part for today cause it's getting late.