Beauty Beyond Scars

—STORY—

—STORY—

There was was a prince who enjoyed riding his horse through the forest. He frequently visited there to take in the scenery and pick some apples for his horse. He once observed a woman crying and covering her face with her hands. But she fled when he attempted to console her.

The prince decided to go back to the forest the following day since he was attracted to the woman. He came early to try and meet her. He located her at last, but she continued to hide her face.

"Excuse me, miss," the prince said gently. "I saw you crying yesterday. Is everything alright?"

She tried to get away as she shook her head. "Please don't bother anyone with me; I want to be left alone."

"But you're troubled," the prince remarked. "Please allow me to assist you."

The woman hesitated before finally speaking. "It's my face. I don't want anyone to see it."

The prince frowned in concern. "Why not? You don't have to be ashamed of how you look."

The woman shook her head. "It's not a matter of shame. It's just that...my scars...they're not pretty."

The prince smiled gently. "Don't worry about that. I'm sure you're beautiful inside, and that's what matters."

The woman looked up at him with blurry vision, surprised. "How can you be so sure?"

The prince shrugged. "Well, I don't know you yet, but I believe that everyone has something beautiful about them. And I'm willing to take the time to find out what that is for you if you'll let me."

The woman hesitated but finally nodded. "Alright. I'll show you."

And with that, she slowly lowered her hands from her face to reveal the scars that marred her skin. The prince saw them, but he didn't recoil or look away. Instead, he smiled warmly.

"I was right," he said. "You're beautiful, just as I knew you would be! And those scars, made it more unique."

The scarred woman lifted her head and looked at the prince, surprised to see him. "Oh! You're the prince," she exclaimed. "I've never been given complements like that before" her continued words.

The prince nodded his head and assured her not to be afraid. The woman was still amazed by his kind and compassionate nature towards her, despite her scars.

The prince held her hand and comforted her by saying that what matters is the person's inner self, not their external appearance. The woman was grateful for the prince's kind gesture and thanked him for seeing beyond her scars.