The Curse of Ivy

—STORY—

—STORY—

Ivy is a magical fairy who always cares for everyone, but in doing so, she neglects to take care of herself.  Ivy heard a little voice crying out to her while she was flying through the trees. She noticed a tiny snail straining to crawl when she looked down.

The snail begged flimsily, "Please, Fairy Ivy." I'm in a terrible way sick, can you aid me?"

Ivy responded, elegantly settling on a nearby leaf, "Of course, little friend." "Let me look,"

Ivy examined the snail and saw that it had a dark, sticky substance covering its shell. She scowled, "This doesn't look good." But be assured that I'll make every effort to assist you.

Ivy made a little potion with the aid of her magic and gave it to the snail. She comforted him, "You'll start feeling better soon."

Ivy observed the other creatures in the forest to be similarly worn out as she flew away. She understood that she had ignored her health since she had been so preoccupied with assisting others. She was aware that something needed to be done to restore both the forest and its inhabitants.

Ivy understood that she needed direction to heal both herself and the forest's animals. She recalled Ophelia, the sage old owl that lived far within the magical forest. Ivy started looking for her.

After some time spent in the air, Ivy came and saw Ophelia sitting on a branch of a large oak tree. "Hello, Ophelia," Ivy yelled.

"Hello, little fairy," Ophelia said. "How did you end up here?"

Ivy landed next to Ophelia on the branch and said, "I need your help." I've been ignoring my self-care as well, and I don't know how to properly take care of myself. The creatures of the forest are ill, and I don't know how to heal them."

Ophelia nodded while she listened carefully. "I see," she replied. "Well, follow me so I can help you with that."

Ivy was taken on an enchanted tour of the forest by Ophelia, who also demonstrated to her the many means by which the animals cared for themselves. They observed squirrels taking naps, birds singing, and bunnies stretching.

Ophelia said, "Every creature needs to look after themselves. Similar to how you must care for yourself before you can look out for others."

Ivy was astounded by what she saw and realized how many self-care rituals she had been skipping. Ivy was taught many ways to take care of her body and mind by Ophelia, including deep breathing, stretching, and meditation.

Ivy said, "Thank you, Ophelia," feeling appreciative. "I'll begin incorporating these self-care routines into my daily life."

Thank you, little fairy," Ophelia answered with a grin. Keep in mind that caring for yourself comes before caring for others."

Ivy set out to treat the woodland animals after understanding the value of taking care of oneself. She started by assembling all the components she would require to make a healing potion.