3 - Starting Anew

Eden's POV

I sigh quietly as I watch the trees go by through the window of the car Adelaide and I are in, as we're on our way to Shadow Sun and Emberholde Academy. I'm glad to leave Moorgrey, but I'm still unsure if being under the rule of Alpha Dante Ashvale is going to be the better choice of the two. It's been a long time since I've been outside of the Moorgrey packlands, so I try to take in the scenery as much as I can.

Rain starts to pelt the car, the hollow thuds of raindrops echoing in the enclosed space.

Perfect scenery for the mood.

"You okay over there?" The quiet voice of my sister Adelaide pulls me from my thoughts, and I turn to look at her and nod my head. "Yeah. Just working through some feelings is all."

"You nervous?" She asks and I nod. "Yeah. New pack, new wolves, and a new Alpha. Going to take some getting used to, I think."

"For sure. Sucks that mom and dad aren't coming for a few months, but I'm glad we've got each other." She smiles and I return the gesture, thankful for her presence even though I feel the way I do. My parent's transfer is still waiting to be approved. Adelaide and I were given express permission to merge into the Shadow Sun pack due to my circumstances, but unfortunately, they've got to wait the regular amount of time to become a part of the pack and make their way there after the process is completed.

Hopefully Adelaide and I are settled and well adjusted without problems by the time they get there.

I decide to close my eyes and rest, trying to forget the nerves and pressure I'm feeling, even for just a moment.

- - -

"Eden."

"Edennnn." I feel a poke into my arm, and I open one eye to look at my sister, annoyed that she's interrupted my very uncomfortable sleep sitting in the car.

"What?" I say sleepily and she smiles.

"We're almost there." I push myself back up to a sitting position, having sunk down in my sleep and crack my neck. I rub my eyes gently and look out the window, seeing that we're driving through a small town, and I see an assortment of banners with Emberholde Academy's name and crest on them on each of the light posts we pass by. We stop at a red light, and I see lots of wolves and people about, children playing, splashing in the puddles which are all that remain of the rain from before.

The car continues to its destination, and sure enough mere moments later we drive through a large gate and down a long driveway. I see a large carved stone statue of the academy crest as we pull in closer to the front of Emberholde. The car finally stops, having arrived and the driver kills the engine. I look to Adelaide, and she smiles at me.

"Ready?"

I nod. "As I'll ever be."

I open my door and step out and I'm taken aback by the structure in front of me.

I feel small as I gaze upon the structure in front of me. The academy itself is huge and sits along the edge of the forest line, with the largest building in the centre right in front of me, with two smaller buildings on either side. In front of those are some townhouse style homes. Every building is perfectly structured in stone, standing almost like a fortress. I see many people walking about and I turn to take in the rest of the scenery.

I see what looks like a garden area to my left as I face the entrance, nestled in with a couple smaller houses near a small lake. I can't see much else on that side due to it being far in the distance, but I'm sure I'll get to explore and see more of it. On the right side I see two other larger buildings side by side with a large fenced off area in front of them.