9 - Moonlight Meeting

Eden's POV

I sit on my bed in my room, curled up in my blankets and self sorrow.

I'm mated to another Alpha. Again.

It's still hard for me to accept based on my history, but Valleth had spoken to me for hours after I obliterated the training dummy and tried to convince me that everything was going to be okay, and that I just had to talk to him.

No way in hell.

I just can't bring myself to do it. The trauma from my previous rejection has been way too strong and has made it impossible for me to even leave my room recently in fear of seeing him and having to talk to him in any sort of capacity.

I've missed some classes, but Valleth said that she's spoken to the professors, and they all agreed to give me some time off to make my way back, so I've just been taking it day by day. It's been about a week and a half currently, and the past few days I've scented Dante outside my dorm door, clearly just checking in and making sure I'm okay, but he hasn't knocked or anything.

Adelaide has been calling and texting, but I haven't even told her what's going on either.

Mate has been giving you space, you should talk to him.

I can't Rieka.

You can, you just have to get up and do it.

I sigh and get out of bed and go into my bathroom realizing that I look pathetic and gross. I quickly shower and get changed and decide to make some toast as I haven't eaten too much as my appetite pretty much disappeared with all the anxiety surrounding everything.

Once I choke that down, there's a knock on my door.

I walk over tentatively and open it slightly.

Eros' amber eyes fall on me and he smiles. "How are you?" I nod briefly. "I'm alright, what are you doing here?"

"I was hoping we could chat for a few minutes."

I look down at my feet awkwardly, and then step back and open the door and Eros slips inside and I close it quietly behind him. "I know what you want to talk about Eros, and I'm not ready."

"At this point you'll never be ready."

I glare at him. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"You know what it's supposed to mean. You're letting this take over you. This fear. It's time to stop."

"It's not that easy." I say before walking past him with a scoff and sitting on my couch. He comes and sits down beside me with a long sigh. I look away, not really enjoying this chat with Eros at all.

After a pause, he says softly, "Do you know how long he's been waiting for you?"

I glance up. "Waiting?"

"Yes. Waiting. For you."

"He's an Alpha, he could have anyone he wanted."

"He's not like most Alphas, but you haven't taken the time to get to know him so you have no idea what you're missing out on."

"He has a reputation." I rebuke and Eros chuckles. "He has a professional reputation. You don't know him personally." I roll my eyes, but I know he's right. "So, what do you want me to do?" I ask, finally making eye contact with him.

"Meet him, tonight. Talk with him, explain your situation, cause he's just as angry as you are for what that old arrogant ass of an Alpha wrote about what happened to you."