4 - Unease

Eden's POV

"So, your magic became substantial after this incident at your old pack? Valleth questions and I nod briefly.

We've moved back outside near the small lake on the ground to talk.

"Yes. My wolf has continually stated that she feels my magic stemming from my emotions. If I get too worked up, it begins to manifest. Usually in my fingertips." I hold up my hands and flex my fingers repeatedly before finishing my explanation with long sigh of sadness.

"Magic does stem from emotions; waxes and wanes depending on the emotion influencing it, but it's always present in the body before manifesting itself. Do you have any family with any magic background?" Valleth asks politely and I shake my head.

"Not that I'm aware of, I know my mother dabbled in some potion making as a healer for Moorgrey, but I'm not sure if her or her side of the family has any magical background."

"Okay." She pauses briefly before raising her hands, palms facing the reflecting crystal water of the lake.

I watch as she does small movements with her hands and ripples begin to form in the previously calm surface of the water, building in intensity before a single drop breaks free from the surface and hovers over her palms of her now upturned hands.

I'm amazed at her precision and ease of manipulating the water.

"I'm going to train you in how to control your magic, Eden. It's rare for a wolf to have access to magic, and believe me witches, warlocks and spell-casters of all areas have heard of you and are interested to see what you're capable of."

"I'm not sure if I want to learn to be honest." I state bluntly and narrows her eyes at me for a moment. "You're worried because you hurt people?" She questions and I bite my lip.

"Killed people, you mean."

"You didn't mean to hurt them."

"You sound like my sister and my parents."

"They're right. You're here because of a tragedy, but everyone here can help you, and that's what I plan on doing. I will help you learn to control your emotions, your magic and wield it safely."

I half smile. "I hope you can."

Can't we just get rid of it?

- - -

I open the door to my room – which based on the description is like an apartment - and I'm taken aback by the size of it all. Everything is neutral, but it's homely.

I follow the hallway down on the left from the front door and I find my bedroom and see that my bags were all brought up and placed in here. A large queen bed sits in the middle of the room with a small dresser and closet on the far-right side. A mix of navy blue and grey appeals to my colour tastes and I smile.

My bathroom is off my bedroom as well, the door sitting just beside my closet.

"Whoa." I say out loud as I look upon the grey bathroom with the black bathtub and sink drawing my attention. Tile and marble. Not sure if I like it, but who knows, maybe it'll grow on me.

I walk back out and into the main living area. One large beige couch, a matching love-seat,wooden coffee table and wall mounted TV are nicely arranged. Behind it, is my full kitchen with a small island. The cupboards are all a light grey, with a white counter-top and stainless-steel appliances. The area itself is completely open, which allows someone to watch TV from the kitchen if they wanted, or allow conversation if visitors were to come over.

Yeah, right. Like I'll have anyone over but my sister.

Shut up, negative Nancy. Rieka says in my mind with a chuckle.

I chuckle to myself and head back into my room to unpack.

I neatly fold all my clothes and place them into the dresser and hang up everything else before moving to the bathroom and unpacking all my toiletries. I don't have much, but it's enough to fill some of the storage. I grab a pen and make a list of some essentials I'm missing; toothpaste, floss, bobby pins, hair ties, etc. and walk out to place it on the counter in the kitchen.

There's a pamphlet on the counter regarding groceries and I pick it up and scan it over. Apparently, I just make a list of groceries I'd like, and it will be arranged and delivered to my door?

Cool.

"Wasn't there..." I trail off and see a folder on the coffee table in front of the couch. I pick it up before sitting down on the couch, surprised at its comfort. The folder has my name on it, so I break the sealed tape on the side with a snap and open it. It's my schedule, with a list of classes and who teaches them.

Language II – Professor Erin Cassaday – Monday 10am-12pm

Mathematics II – Professor Maxwell Stoss – Friday 2pm-5pm

History/Lore I – Professor Kade Aver – Monday 1pm-2pm

Music I – Professor Jocelyn Matlin – Thursday 3pm-5pm

Combat I – Alpha Dante Ashvale – Thursday 8am-11am

Sciences II – Professor Valeria Carre – Tuesday 9am-11am

Extra class/training – Magic with High Priestess Valleth 3x a week in the evening from 7pm-9pm.

Dante teaches combat. Great.

I place the list back down and sigh, leaning back into the couch.

Can I really do this?

_________________________________

 - laying down foundation for the next few chapters, stay with me!!

 - See you in the next one!! -vv