Little Ghost Stories and Pushing A Lady

"Do you know who harassed you?" Detective One brings out her note to see what Twelve has to say.

"Well..." Twelve glances at the window then turn back to One. One also glances at the window.

"Was there anything at the window that bothered you?"

"Oh! No, it's nothing. I just saw a bird fly," Twelve shrugs, "Plus, I already forgiven whoever assaulted me anyway."

"Oh," One was disappointed. She was looking for the serotonin, dopamine, she gets whenever she solves a case.

"...just close your eyes, and dream little pal... dream of... someone..."

One gently closed her eyes, obeyed what the song told her to do. The voices in her head took over the radio.

If Two could dance, and Three could juggle- (and heal people- and own a factory- I think two factories- dunno if the race car one counts.) If Four can lift a mountain and Five can simply strum any guitar without a struggle. What talent or hobbies does she have? Surely she used to enjoy solving puzzles, which eventually moved onto riddles then tiny mysteries from her friends that eventually would turn into a young detective. 

If no one needs Detective One anymore, then what was the point of One?

"'Allo, 'allo. This is Mayor Twenty! We have some news that happened this morning. A very tragic tragedy out there everyone. Fellow citizen Twelve was assaulted in her house. No evidence has been found by the police nor young whiz kid investigator One. And yes, I've been carrying Thesaurus around me to try to improve my vocabulary," One scoffs then brings out her notebook and starts scribbling. 

"Knock knock!"

"Knock knock!"

One immediately puts her notebook away by the familiar voice.

"Who's there?"

"Two who?" One smiles.

"Two's here for you!" A slim little boy, a head taller than One with uneven purple glasses busts through the door, "Whatcha doin'?"

"Oh, nothing much-!" One really wanted to interview the police about Twelve's case. The police didn't like One. They would usually chase her off or make some kind of excuse. 

Well, there was only one active officer in the town, Eight. There were also Thirteen, Fifteen, Seventeen, Twenty-One and Twenty-Six that also used to work with Eight. Now they just pop in a few times a year, not answering Eight's question of where they are. Maybe a reason why Eight wouldn't answer One's question. Usually Eight would say 'Ask the little ghost girl that lives in empty cake pans that's used to fill with cakes four times smaller than the pan itself.' then continues to eat donuts. 

At first, One actually believed about the little ghost girl, but after searching in everyone's cake pan, she eventually gave up.

Every time One goes to the police station, she keeps reminding herself to ask Eight about what to do after she finds the cake pan that's used to fill with cakes four times smaller than the pan itself, but then she forgets. Maybe not today.

"Two!" One boldly stood on her table. "We are going to the police station!"

Two froze, "Again? You know Eight tries to avoid questions. Is this time about Twelve's case?"

"Yup! And about the little ghost girl that lives in empty cake pans that's used to fill with cakes four times smaller than the pan itself!"

Two didn't want to go, but he'd rather go wherever One goes than stay home, so he sighs and chases after One who was already on her way to the station.

One peaked through the station window to see Eight simply eating his donut, but today he wasn't facing the window like he always was. Today he was staring at the mini prison cell for people who break minor laws. Today, it was Eighteen.

"Hello, Eight! And what's Eighteen doing here?" One doesn't know if she should laugh at Eighteen or not, "What happened?"

"I was only trying to go see Twelve after she called me. Now she's waiting for me, you know!" Eighteen pouts.

"You pushed. A woman," Eight scowls.

"Yeah, that's true but-"

"You knew she was in poverty," Eight gives Eighteen a slow eyebrow raise. Red flag.

"Yeah, but she forgave me!" Eighteen understood Eight's eyebrow raise and swallowed.

"So did Twelve! Is that what you're here for, One?" Eight now suddenly turns to One. Two also swallowed.

"Uh.. yes! And I'm also here for something else now that I remembered," One gives Eight a polite smile, but she was shaking on the inside.

"Eighteen, you can leave now," Eight sighed and unlocked the cage. Eighteen immediately zoomed out of his cell, "If you ask if I'm hiding any evidence from you, no I do not have any evidence. I even talked about it with Fifteen. I did not. If you are that curious go ask the  little ghost girl that lives in empty cake pans that's used to fill with cakes four times smaller than the pan itself.' then continues to eat donuts."

"That's my second question now that I remember," One sits down on a nearby chair, followed by Two, "Are you sure the little ghost girl that lives in empty cake pans that's used to fill with cakes four times smaller than the pan itself is real?"

"Well, look at that, turns out we forgot," Eight shrugs and continues feasting on his donuts.

"Also curious, Eight," Two raises his hand. "Do you ever run out of donuts or get too tired of it?"

"I don't know, I just eat it for the little ghost girl that lives in empty cake pans that's used to fill with cakes four times smaller than the pan itself."

"Okay, I've had enough of the ghost girl thing! Is she actually real?"

"Well, I didn't believe it myself until Ten introduced her to me. Actually, now I just want to eat the rest of my donuts," Then Eight just pushed the two minors out the station.

"Are you surprised that he's still pretty buff from all those donuts?" Two quietly spoke as soon as they were pushed out the station.

"I.. I should probably go get my Thesaurus," Then One left.

A/N: Okay, turns out my writer's block is gone. Chapter written faster than I expected ;-; I forgot what I wanted to say actually.., I just know who the criminal here is, I know their cover-up story, I still can't think of a motive. For now I'm sticking with revenge. I'm trying to think why they wanted revenge. Anyway have a good day or night, folks!