Those Were Glasses?!

(making lore about the Golden Infinity heheh)

It's been forever, maybe weeks or months, One still couldn't get over the incident.

Maybe she just needed a mind clearing, so she decided to go stroll in the museum. 

There she saw in the museum, the two giant hands that caught Eighteen. Magic mirrors. She wondered why they kept one of them in the museum anyway. A display of Two and Eight's car, Five's train, and the isolated magic home mirror. It was covered with a big piece of cloth, restricting the ability to travel to different lands. 

Passing the statues of Numberblocks, leading into the golden infinity. And there, of course was Twenty.

"Ah! Hello, One!" Twenty turned around, seeming to already notice a gaze on his back.

One carefully studied his features. Still wearing his purple top hat, white bow tie, and his striped cane. He fondly stared at One with her normal check-ups with numbers she hadn't met in a while. She adored Twenty's similar resemblance of Two, but she wasn't sure if she still felt safe around him yet.

"You're here for the usual?" One spoke, cutting the uncomfortable silence. She regretted what she said a second later. The "usual" could mean anything for Twenty.

"Mhm, I enjoy just staring at the golden infinity," He softly smiled back, also embarrassed of what he just said.

The two again just stood silently across from one another. Not being able to think of an ice breaker.

"How come you like the golden infinity?" I wasn't supposed to say that! It was quite too late to take it back, One fearfully stared at Twenty. 

On the other hand, Twenty wasn't surprised at all. This was a very frequently asked question by the Terrible Two's and he requested the twins to steal the golden infinity "for fun."

"Well, I'm rather astounded by the story behind the object. I've heard rumors about it and I was rather interested," Twenty shrugged. One was quite intrigued by the lore, she slightly nodded to Twenty for him to continue. "Back then though, I was a silly young fellow like Eighteen, believing in every little story I heard. And just for fun, I invited the Teens to just see what the golden infinity was like. I would admit, your teddy bear was an excuse for us to go to the museum."

"Wait, how did you get Teddy?"

"I think that'll be a later story-" Twenty blushed. "Nevertheless-" Twenty placed his hands on the sign that talks about the golden infinity.

"I never noticed that I was there until now!" One curiously read the passage.

"It was my request for Three, about my personal knowledge about it," One silently scoffed. How come Three has to do stuff for Twenty but not vise versa. "-Rumor says, the golden infinity were supposed to be glasses. Once you wear the glasses, you would see what humanity needs and don't need once you wear the glasses," One continued to nod, gesturing Twenty to talk about it more. "So when I was running for Mayor, I thought 'maybe if I wore those glasses, I would fix the problem between all three lands!' but no one trusts politicians, don't they."

"But how come we just choose the most trusted person here in Numberland and ask them to wear the glasses?" One leaned on the sign, maybe trying to get a little view through the glasses to see if she sees any changes.

"I thought of that too, but then I realized a lot of possibilities why we wouldn't choose someone to see through the glasses. First of all, they can lie about both good and bad reasons. The glasses do eliminate what we won't need for the society, which means eliminating whoever stands in front of the glasses-"

"So eliminating the lucky numbers too... maybe Thirteen."

"You were..." Twenty tried not to laugh. Of course One was doing that. This prodigy here had plans beyond possibilities.

"Also the person may take advantage and may lie about what they see and take power. So that would eliminate maaaaaybe Octonaughty, but definitely the Terrible Two's." The two discussed the possibilities of who could have the glasses and can't. Just for the funsies.

...

Six has forgotten to tell Eight about Octonaughty's getting bailed out from jail. Until the Octonaughty, himself, arrived at their door.

"Hi, Six," Octonaughty froze. There clearly was a misunderstanding. He wire his best clothes, in his kept hand was a bouquet.

"But Eight- oh boy, this isn't great!"

"It's not for you, silly! It is for Eight," He scoffs. He was clearly out of that phase.

"Would you like to come inside? It definitely doesn't look pleasant outside."

"No can do, Six. I already made a promise with Seven." The two silently stood across from one another. Then he suddenly shoved the bouquet at Six. "Take the bouquet. And if Eight comes home, tell him it's just a gift from you."

"Oh?"

"Eight(Octonaughty)? Seven? Is this this some kind of felon? After all, I thought everybody knew the lesson!"

A/N: I made it alive after all. My school decided to move me to the Gifted and Talented class, and I forgot what 2+3 was so I lowered my class average
They're all trying to find out who lowered it, but jokes on them they'll probably never know 🤷