Chapter - 9

"Sanskar"

Sujata's astonished tone made Swara turn back to see her husband standing on the stairs.

Just one look in his eyes was enough for Swara to know about his inner turmoil. He blinked his eyes to forcefully push back tears formed. He gulped looking everywhere but not at the ladies of his house. He turned and left upstairs taking fast steps.

"Sanskar" Swara called him from behind and left.

"Jiji, what did you do? You know very well how much distance has come in the relationship between those two. Still you broke such a sensitive topic." This time it was Sujata who criticised.

"Sujata, I know what is happening between those two. But I strongly feel, with the arrival of the baby their relationship will be strong as before." Annapurna tried to convince.

'I don't feel so Jiji. It will over complicate their relationship.' Sujata thought, shaking her head in negative still staring at Swara and Sanskar who were climbing stairs.

'I have to talk to Sharmishtha ji to convince Swara.' Annpurna stood strong on her stand. 'I hope my family will be back together like old days, for this Sanskar needs to become normal.'

Sanskar entered his room followed by Swara. He loosened his tie but her touch over his fingers pass shivers down his spine. Swara raised her eyes to look at his trembling state. He passed a quick glance at her but started looking everywhere.

"Whatever decision will be taken will be of both of us. Just two of us. No one, other than us, will have any say in that decision. I can promise you this Sanskar."

Swara knew she needed to give assurance to her husband. She had been making decisions about their relationship single handedly in the back which turned into her own blunders. This time she was adamant to not repeat her own mistakes.

"Are you sure?" he mumbled, not moving his eyes from her determined face.

He knew his wife for her family always comes first.

And for him, she matters the most. More than any other thing in this world. More than his own life.

"Yes I am." She smiled, her smile stretched his lips as well into a small smile. "It's not like I don't want a baby, I also want but not right now. I think it will be too early for both of us to take this major step. What do you think?"

"Yes, you are. Right. We should wait. Baby is a very big responsibility." He agreed and continued, "But Badi Ma and Mom...?"

"Don't worry. I will talk to them."

"Ok. But if they pressurise you, please tell me, I will handle it." He spoke so tenderly which set Swara's heart on the racing track.

'He is always there for my support.' just a thought, and her cheeks started competing with tomatoes.

Even today after nearly 2 years of their relationship, even after a long separation of six months, even after both were fighting with their own insecurities and trust issues, his one caring gesture could affect her this much, it was a treat to his eyes.

"I will get your coffee." She bit her lower lip, looking at his shining eyes fixed on her blushing face. For sure, she needed a reason to escape from his intense gaze.

He nodded his head before moving to the washroom.

'Thank you Durga Maa, I hope, we will be together again like before.' She prayed mentally stepping down from stairs.

A week later Swara had gone to visit her Dida's house. It was her Dida's monthly death anniversary, time to pay tribute to her lovely grandmother for her unconditional love for her.