Chapter - 24

"Wait, what are you doing?" Swara screamed standing at the doorstep of the walk-in closet.

Sanskar was getting ready to go to his office, his tie was hanging around his neck and he was about to touch it to make a knot.

"How dare you snatch my right?" She fumed stepping inside being a drama queen.

"Swara, it's ok. I know, now Ragini has been asked for maximum rest. You would be overburdened with more work so... it's ok I can manage." He was informed during dinner the previous night, Ragini was asked to take bed rest. He assumed his wife would be busy in the kitchen and other household responsibilities in her sister's absence to help his mothers.

"Did you forget you have a very intelligent wife?" She shot a glare at him while making knot for his tie. "We have hired a couple of more househelps. So... you don't have any escape from me." She tightened the knot around his neck.

He choked for a moment as she purposefully squeezed his neckline with a tie knot.

"I have no plans to escape from my jhansi ki raani." He teased earning a bright smile on her face.

"When will you come?" She asked, taking his suit and helping him to wear it.

"I will be late. Few important meetings are lined up." He scrunched his nose.

"Ok. Just keep in mind I will be waiting for you for dinner." She said authoritatively.

"No Swara you should eat on time...." He tried to recommend but failed as she interrupted instantly.

"No... no means no." She nodded her head vigorously.

He suppressed his chuckle looking at his drama queen wife.

'Sanskar please make sure Swara is fine.' His mother's words rang in his ears.

"Swara, are you ok?" He asked tenderly, pulling her on his body wrapping his arms around her waist.

Over last two days, he had observed his aunt and her grandmother's biassed treatment towards his wife. Just not to involve himself in trivial household matters he maintained his silence. But his wife's well being preceded all the time.

"Why are you asking this?" His wife was clueless with his sudden ask.

"Just like that."

"When I have you by my side... Why will I not be ok, Sanskar?" She asked, encircling her arms around his neck.

Later Sanskar left for his office but he took a mental note to discuss the topic once he was back. And he got the opportunity exactly after two days. It was night, Sanskar came out of the washroom when his eyes landed on his wife, she was taking out one tablet from the packet. He was very well aware about those birth control pills. She has started taking them recently.

"Swara" He called, halting her movements.

"Ha?"

"Let's talk about this." He took the pill from her hand, settling beside her on bed.

Swara raised her eyebrows in perplexity.

"I will directly come to the point... Do you want us to think about the baby?" He asked casually.

Swara stared at him for a moment, she knew this was coming up on her way. His annoyed eyes, irritated expressions during their family times when his aunt and her grand-mother used to indirectly criticise her for choosing delayed parenthood. She had always retaliated in the best possible way either verbally or calmly ignoring their rantings.

"Why are you asking me this now?" She cross questioned.

"That's not the answer for my question." He shook his head. He had decided to have a long session to understand his wife's opinion on this major step of their life.