CHAPTER 26

Two days later the marriage rituals began. Even though at the end of the day everyone was tired their face radiated happiness. The elders made sure everything was being performed as instructed by the panditji not forgetting to enjoy every miment being aware this was the last marriage in this generation.

Days passed  and all the rituals were being conducted.Both gender enjoyed every moment which brought the siblings more close but relationship between Maheswari's and Raizada siblings was cordial and always tension was between them when alone.

Before they realize it the busy day ended with Sangeet and due to tiredness everyone retired to there mansion immediately it ended. Next day Haldi was  to be held yet Maheswari grooms sat sulking while their sisters kept teasing them.

Though the moment turned back for now the brides were the one pouting when their ears was on the mercy of their mothers who came to the rescue of their brothers. The grooms glared at their sisters who stared at them teasingly after their mothers revealing the haldi to be performed in one place.

Though their face didn't give away their real emotion but inwardly they were celebrating for they'l be seeing their brides contrary to what their sisters informed them earlier. MM having enough space, the function was to be held there and next hours the couples were seen whispering in each other ears giving out different reactions.

The ceremony began on the auspicious time  with the elders taking the lead. Next minutes the elders stood astonished seeing the state of the living room since their kids made the function in a game where they looked unrecognized with the Haldi poured from their head .

At the end they had to intervene  berating them who kept the blame on each other. They started cleaning the area in a speedy pace after seeing their parents glaring eyes. It was a hilarious moment seeing them who laughted wholeheartedly recalling moments  ago while their grooms could only sigh looking around ,for the only thing they wanted at the moment was to head upstairs and clean themselves from the yellow substance.

The darkness has started covering outside. Brides jogged upstairs leaving flabbergasted grooms to finish with cleaning as they make a stop in between laughing at the memories made during the function.

Sujata wiped her tears discreetly seeing her daughters who were laughing heartedly dreading the next day where she'll separate from them ones again.

Sanskar saw her though he didn't know which words to say to ease her heart. He stared at his father whose face had conceal his true emotion though his eyes gave out. Ram understanding the inner turmoil of his wife squeeze his palm to provide her support for he alone understand her better for he's also the father of the brides.

Other side
Raizada's and Gupta's sat in silent each fighting their inner turmoil. They were aware tomorrow will be their last day in Kolkota which was Nk's marriage day. Arnab was finding it hard to control his emotion since from the moment they arrived Khushi avoided him as a plague.

Neither did he look his way but she behaved like he's non-existence. He didn't know how to console his heart for anything to do with Khushi always get the best or worst from him. His mind pictured their lives if what happened in their lives wouldn't happen yet he can only imagine for she bears someone else name adding to that children.

He saw Arav who unlike before didn't even spare a glance at him while his face gave nothing when they came across each other. He always wished to get a second chance then he'll change everything and take Khushi far away where they'l just be them two. For neither Raizada's or Gupta's deserve her yet he'l be too selfish to let her go.