Come on vamos everybody ~lets go~

" Is this really necessary," asks Damien as Dick leads all of us to the car.

" Of course it is!" says Dick with a blinding smile, " there's no better way to build memories than to go on an adventure."

Tim opens one of the back doors and flops down onto the seat, " maybe if you told us where we're going–"

Dick cuts him off, "It's a surprise."

I raise an eyebrow at him, " this better not be one of those ' the adventure is the friends we make along the way' crap."

His smile wilters a bit, " you'll see when we get there," he ruffles my hair, " okay, baby D," and gets behind the wheel.

"Who else are we waiting for?" asks Tim.

Dick adjusts some of the mirrors, " just Jason and B. Alfred doesn't want to come."

"Does that mean they get to know where we're going, and we don't?" I ask

"It's better to give up, Danyal; if Richard does not want us to know, he wouldn't have told the others," says Damien.

Jason and Father don't take long to meet us at the car. Apparently, the trip will take a while, so Gramps was busy making us a snack. He would only let the others come out once he was done. "I don't get why you're going to let Dickface drive," complains Jason, " you never let any of us do it, so why can he?"

"Hm," says Father ( Because this is a civilian car, not the batmobile).

It's been two weeks since I've shown up in Gotham. None of them push, even though I can tell they want to. They have let me adjust at my own pace, but I can tell some questions are starting to eat at them. Especially those about my abilities. I've tried not to do much, but it can be hard sometimes; some things have become natural for me to do. Though, Dick really needs to get used to the thought of intangibility. I don't know how many times that man can tackle-hug me and be surprised that he falls to the floor . It's just a matter of time before Father turns into the Man-Bat and the rest turn into the flying furry Brigade and start to demand answers.

I'll do my best to appreciate it while it lasts.

Speaking of quiet, it's not just them; it also seems to be the city. In the past two weeks, there have been no major breakouts from either Blackgate or Arkham. Which is abnormal according to Tim. they've all gone on regular patrols, but one of them would always stay behind with Gramps and I and keep us company. I've offered to help a couple times, but they won't let me stay in the cave unattended. Though since someone always stays behind, Father's argument sounds counterproductive.

I wonder what they're hiding.

Not that I can truly blame them for lack of trust. I haven't told them much either, and phasing into the floor until I found it didn't help. Although in my defense, what did they expect when they told me finding my way in is " a Rite of Passage."   Just because I didn't do it in a human way doesn't make my way wrong, but what can you do.

" How much longer," asks Tim in a fake whiney voice once we hit the thirty-minute mark.

Dick glances at the GPS, "hum, maybe 45 minutes, maybe a little less."

Damian huffs and crosses his arms, "Richard, where exactly are we going? We've already left Gotham–"

" I wouldn't be surprised if you left Jersey at this point," Jason cuts in.

The two of them glare at each other while Father says to Dick, " chum, this has gotten out of hand."

"The whole point of this is for us to get to do something fun with Danny," says Dick.