5 Truths and No Lies

" Danyal!" Damian screams at my retreating form as we enter the cave.

I pick up my pace and stick my fingers in my ears, " la la la la. I can't hear you!"

" Cease this childishness and face us like a man!" Dami yells, throwing his arms up in exasperation.

" Danny..." Dick trails off, watching Father silently head to the changing room, " we have to talk about this. This isn't something we can just brush under the rug."

" I know that!" I exclaim.

Dami crosses his

Dami crosses his arms, "that's why–"

" I don't

" I don't want to talk anymore about this," I say, sounding defeated, just as the elevator dings, revealing Gramps and Jason with refreshments.

" Young Master Timothy and the girls will be joining us shortly. Best to get comfortable," says Gramps, setting drinks.

While Jason follows behind with cookies, " though Barbie won't be Joining us, she couldn't get off." I push past them and call for the elevator; Jason notices, " Where do you think you're going?"

" Up."

" Yeah, I think not," Jason says, grabbing the back of my shirt and whispering, "There is no talking us out of this. Better to do this now than later." I shoot him a disbelieving look. " Speaking from experience. Trust me."

" Five questions. That's it. No more, I can't do anymore. Not today," I say, addressing the room. When no one argues, I find a seat in the corner of the room. My eyes flicker exist to exist. Father slowly makes his way back into the room, eyes clouded over with emotion. He slumps down into the bat-computer chair, starting off the chain of people coming and going. They make sure to leave at least one other person in the room.

Once they're all ready, Tim asks, " How do you want to do this?"

" Five questions. I retain the right not to answer them if I choose," I say.

" If you don't answer, does it still count as a question?" Steph asks.

I take a moment to consider, " No, I guess not. So, questions?"

" Why didn't you tell us?" Bruce asks.

" You didn't need to know," I say.

Dick explodes, "Of course, we needed to know! B would have sent more than a lawyer to get you. We could have been investigating them–"

"There is nothing you could have done that wouldn't have caused even more issues. Ancients, there still isn't anything that can be done yet. There are more important things that need to be taken care of," I reply.

" I have a question," Cass interjects before an argument could break out.

I quirk an eyebrow, "Which is?

" How are your injuries?" Cass asks.

" I've been better," I deflect.

" That's not a proper answer," Dami points out.

" It's the answer you're getting," I say sternly.

" He's still injured," Jason blurts.

" Wha–"

" Jason!" I yell, feeling betrayed.

" They needed to know! The incision is still infected! You need to be checked out!" Jason yells back.