Part 1; Chapter 3- Meeting Peter B. Parker

~Third person POV~

"My husband Peter Parker was an ordinary person. He always said it could have been anyone behind the mask. He was just the kid who happened to get bit." (Y/n)'s mother said to a large crowd. 

It was a cold and wintery day in Brooklyn. (Y/n) stood a few feet away from her mother and beside her Aunt May. She wasn't comfortable talking at the ceremony. She hated public speaking and on top of that she knew she would break down after one sentence. She felt terrible about what happened. She hasn't been able to sleep without imagining her father's broken expression. 

"He didn't ask for his powers. But he chose to be Spider-Man." 

In front of her, people of all ages attended the ceremony, most of which wore Spider-Man masks to show respect for their fallen hero. 

"My favorite thing about Peter is that he made us each feel powerful. We all have powers of one kind or another. But in our own way, we are all Spider-Man. And we're all counting on you."

"They're all counting on me." (Y/n) whispered to herself, staring at the blue mask peeking out of her pocket. Her mother backed away from the mic as May comforted her. 

That night, (Y/n) came back to the church to visit her dad's grave. All the little gifts and flowers left by his supporters and fans warmed her heart. She was back in her Spider-Girl outfit and took her mask off to breathe. She sat in the snow as she closed her eyes to bask in the silence. Brooklyn was loud during the day and night, but after Spider-Man died, it was as if everything went quiet. 

Hearing a small pair of footsteps, (Y/n) lifted her hood up and looked over her shoulder, seeing Miles approaching her in a storebought Spider-Man costume. If she wasn't in mourning and guilty, she would've laughed. The two silently stood together as they stared at Peter's grave. Miles took off his mask, revealing his guilt-ridden face. "I'm sorry, Mr. Parker... That thing you gave me, that key..." He whispered, taking the override key out of his pocket. "I think I really messed it up. I want to do what you asked. I really do, but... I'm sorry. I'm not sure I'm the guy. I can't do this without you." 

(Y/n) looked at the key with a heartbroken look. The last thing she had from her dad was broken. Sure they could always make another one in their lab, but it wouldn't be the same without her dad's jokes and small points of advice as Spider-Man. 

"Miles..." She whispered sadly, grabbing his hand. Peter promised him he would teach Miles about being Spider-Man and how to help the world when he was ready. Now because he was gone, Miles felt as if he hadn't done enough. 

Quietly, a figure jumped into the snow behind them, creeping up behind the two. A shadow formed over the teens, alerting them someone was coming. "Hey! Kids--" Quickly putting on their masks, Miles reached out a hand at the unknown person, somehow electrocuting them and sending them back a few feet. A web shot out of the person and landed on Miles's chest, pulling the boy with the person. 

Running over to her best friend, the girl helped the boy up. The two stared at the unconscious person. "What did I do to him?" Miles asked himself. He stared at the webbing that connected to the man. Cautiously walking up to the man, she pulled back his jacket to reveal a Spider-Man suit, a real one. "...Who are you." They whispered to themselves in unison. A bright light blinded the two as police walked up to them. "What are you doing over there? Freeze! PDNY!"

Miles and Spider-Girl quickly stand up, hands in the air. Miles decided to run, but after a few feet, he gets yanked to the ground by the Peter Parker look-a-like's web. "Are you kidding me right now?" Miles asked himself. (Y/n) attempts to pick up the heavy man as the police slowly walk up to the two. "Hey kids, drop the body." 

Miles helps pick up the man, and Spider-Girl aims a web toward a building, but it was unsuccessful. Her web shooters were malfunctioning. "Are you kidding me?!" She screamed, banging her wrist against her hip. Miles grabs the fake Peter's wrist and aims a web shooter at a tree. The two starts to swing away from the officers, relief temporarily taking over them. "See ya, officers!-"