Chapter |4|

KATES POV:

************************************************

My mom grins and sees me and Alexander in the house before returning to her gossiping.

After showering I walk to the kitchen and make some hot chocolate-flavoured coffee. As I sit on my bed I suddenly remember that I haven't written my poem yet! I sprint to my desk and take out my file organiser and look for my planning.

Turns out I never even made any plans, plus it is due  two days from now before the school camp! I take a sip of my coffee  and hold my head in worry. "Tomorrow is Sunday, and I'm hundred percent sure  my mom will not allow me to work on a Sunday."  I talk to myself totally ferocious with myself.

I don't know if I should call it a miracle or just a coincidence. An idea pops in my head  just when in taught of giving up.
"Ah ha ! I can just write about my friends" I say opening my notebook. "Planning on writing about me huh ?" I almost fall of my chair at the sound of Alexander's deep demoniac voice. "Hum w-what are you d-doing here ? Is knocking not  taught in England?" I struggle to regain my balance on the chair while mr jerk chuckles at my embarrassment. "Why should I nock ? The door was wide open! And plus you're talking so loud so I was curious." I glare at him as he sits on the stool next to my chair. "Hmm so your writing about Michael and Nate ? What about me? Huh ?" I click my tongue giving him a side eye and ignoring his face.

"For the record, it's non of your business. Plus I'm doing anything to finish this poem before tomorrow." 
"Silly Kate, the poem is only due next week ." I stare at him, trying to not melt of embarrassment as I come to realise that he's actually 100% right.
"Hum- hmm. Of course I knew that!" I Stand up from my desk,walking to my bed when I bump my little toe on the corner of my dresser table. "Are you alright?" Alexander asked holding his laugh. I click my tongue and curse him in my head taking it so personal. Alexander starts laughing at my agony and I loose it. I throw a pillow at him. "Get out ! You jerk!" Alexander still laughing leaves my room. "Jeez ! He's ten times more annoying than Jonny!"

After falling asleep with pain I wake up the next morning with a headache. "Ma!! Do you know where's them painkillers?!" I call out to my mother, eyes still closed. "Get them yourself will you? Tsk when I was your age I never spoke to my mother like that-" "ay Dios! los niños de hoy en día !" I finish her sentence and stand up to get the painkillers myself. "Hey you good you?" Alexander looks at me from the kitchen countertop while chopping up something there I really don't even care. I glare him giving the 'leave me alone' glare.

"¡Ay! Tío just let the girl be. Wanna play video games after breakfast ?" Jonny smiles at Alexander while eating his chicken wings. After a while I head to bathroom and- "Ah why now ?!?" Yup out off the times in the world my periods chose now . When there are zero pads and obviously no tampons. I sit there on the toilet trying to sort out my life for the past five minutes. ( dad is out, mom went to the other side of town to visit her friend and Jonny is at the tech store.) which brings me to Alexander who is sitting in the backyard. "AHHH !!!' Why's life so hard los dioses!?"

After another five minutes in the bathroom I decide to take matters into my own hands. I wrap toilet paper around my underwear and grab any black sweatpants I could find in the bathroom closet. I run to the nearest convenient store and buy some sanitary pads. Running back from the store I spot Michael talking with Alexander. And surprisingly about me ?! "Bro what happened? I just saw Kate running pass my house like she saw a ghost !" Michael scratches the back of his neck. "I don't know mate ? Maybe she went to see a mental health hospital, cause I think that's what she needs right now . She's been mean to me all morning completely ignoring me. To top up everything, I did nothing to her!" (Oh you just did !) I storm forward holding no shame as a give Alexander the smack of his life.