Chapter 10

"You guys are experts with the sync attack!" I praised the female team. "I want to photograph that."

I got their permission and they got into position. When I gave the signal, they started running. It was a tricky shot, because I needed to pay attention to several things at a time.

So, of course, I didn't get it right.

"Can you do it again?" I asked.

Same result. I was starting to get impatient. "Please, one more time."

Okay, I got this. This time, I saw them like in slow motion. I discovered, with pleasure, how easy it was to work like that. Fully concentrated. But it wasn't that simple for me to be that concentrated, so I decided to seize the opportunity.

I did more or less the same type of photos I'd done with the other team. But it wasn't exactly the same, because I used the things they did best while helping them with little mistakes along the way.

Today I focused more on sportsmanship, enjoying the sport and teamwork. I wanted to represent the team's dynamic.

Practice really flew by. "This was great," I said. "A couple of more sessions and I'll be done!"

"A couple of more sessions?" asked Sasaki. "Didn't you take like a dozen pics today?"

"You would miss me if I finished too soon, wouldn't you?" I joked.

"You know you can come whenever you want," said Aoki.

"Thanks," I said. I was lucky to have them.

It was time for stretching, picking up balls, cleaning the floor and the usual boring stuff we had to do after training. "Bye!" they said, as they left the gym.

"You ready, y/n?" Yui asked.

"Yes," I said, grabbing my bag. We'd decided to go for a walk since it was very nice outside.

"Do you really think the team can go far?" she said.

"Of course!" I assured her. "You just need practice and confidence. And you're doing that. I don't understand why don't both teams share notes."

"Is that an excuse to see Sugawara again?" Yui looked at me.

"What? No!" Was I blushing? Please no.

"You're blushing," she said in a singsong voice. Damn it.

"But I was not saying it because of him," I defended myself. "I want you guys to go far. And you can do it."

"I feel like you want to tell me something. Apart from that beautiful speech, which I thank you for, because I love the team." She was smart.

"I might have gone on a date with jersey number 2," I confessed.

"I'm so happy for you!" she smiled sincerely, but she didn't seem surprised. "Tell me everything. Right now." She said all of this very calmly. It was a nice change to not get an aggressive reaction.

"He asked on Friday. On Saturday we went stargazing. They were beautiful. It was kinda weird at first. We hadn't established what we were doing or what we felt. Then he said he liked me and I accidentally heard it."

"Accidentally?" Yui frowned.

"He thought I was asleep," I explained.

"That's so romantic! I wish I could have something like that," she sighed.

I laughed. "You talk like we were married already! We had a great time. I don't really know how it's going to go, but I'm happy and that's the important thing."