Chapter 24

My parents went crazy when I delivered the news. They weren't particularly thrilled, but they were proud of me and I was allowed to go to the photography school the upcoming year. That was all I needed. They did all the admission processes and paperwork for next year. I wanted to drop another bomb, but I figured I needed to wait at least until lunch was over.

"So..." I said, casually, as I put away the dirty plates. "The volleyball teams have a tournament this year."

"That's great, darling," said my mother. "Oh, you're clearing the table by yourself?"

I ignored the question. "I was invited to go. They'll take me and bring me back and everything."

"You sure you won't disturb?" asked my father. He tried to get up to help me, but I sat him down again and took away the glasses.

"I'm absolutely sure, I'd never want to be a bother," I said. "I'm going with Yui and... and my boyfriend."

"Your what?" My father.

"Oh. Is he the volleyball player?" My mother.

"How'd you know?" my dad and I turned to her at the same time. I was blushing.

My mother just laughed. "I've been 17 too, you know?" was her only explanation. "You behave yourself, missy."

"Yes, mother," I said in a stern voice, trying not to think too hard about what she had implied and she smiled.

Glad to have gotten that out of the way, that went so much better than I'd expected.

-----------------------------------

The day of the tournament came.

Yachi couldn't come, so I was offered her seat on the bus. I hesitated at first, but the team insisted that they needed their official photographer in their tournament and I accepted with a laugh. I knew it had been only a joke, but I thought it was a good idea to bring my camera anyway.

I sat with Suga and, as soon as the bus began to move, my eyelids started to feel heavy. I tried to stay awake, but after a while, I put my head on Suga's shoulder without even realizing it. He looked down when he noticed something heavy on his shoulder and chuckled, which made me sit straight up again and mutter a sorry.

"It's alright, sleep if you want," he said with one of his warm smiles. "It's not like it'd be the first time and you need it."

"Thanks."

I kissed his cheek and rested my head on his shoulder once again. He started to stroke my hair and, before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

I woke up a couple of minutes before we arrived. I stretched myself and yawned. My neck was sore, but it had been worth it.

"Good morning, Sugar," said my boyfriend.

"I told you not to call me that!" I crossed my arms, pretending to be mad at him.

"I can't when you act so cute."

"Flattery will get you nowhere," I laughed.

"You know you love it when I call you Sugar."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Do not."

"Do to-"

"Hey, lovebirds! Time to get out," said Daichi.

A bit embarrassed, I got off the bus with the rest of the team. The girls were just behind and I went to say hi as soon as I saw them, but the female captain had been faster.

Yui was blushing a lot and held an amulet nervously in her hand. An amulet for none other than Daichi Sawamura.

"Thank you, Miya," Daichi was saying. He was as red as Yui. "I'd give you another one, but I know you don't need amulets to win."

Oh, what a charmer. I definitely approved of him to date my dear friend. I saw the flustered conversation exchanging knowing looks with the female team.

"Hey, lovebirds!" Suga interrupted, just as Daichi had done before. I had to bite my tongue to avoid laughing. "It's getting late, the match is gonna start."

Everyone wished good luck and went inside the building to get changed and warm up and prepare for the first match. As for me, I also had something to give to my own boyfriend.

"Hey, Suga, just a minute," I called.

"Sure, what do you need?"

"I, um... here." I gave him the photos of us when we went camping. "I printed them along with my project. Surprise!"

"I love these!" he said, truthfully. "Thank you so much!"

He pecked my lips and went with the team before Daichi could tell him off.

I prepared my camera and waited for the match to begin. The photos could be used for posters or maybe just for the memories. I was ready to cheer on both teams.

I was ready to see them win.

THE END

Hello! You've reached the end of this story. If you've read until here I want to thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoyed it a lot! I honestly had so much fun writing this. Feel free to check out my other works too!

Mar Blacksmith

:D