01; 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚜

'He must have thought it'd be amusing, sending me to Karasuno high school of all place, tch.'

☁️

☁️ . . . ⇢ 🐦‍⬛🎐*ೃ༄

She couldn't stop herself from showing how upset and annoyed she was at Ubayashiki's order. In the dimly lit room in the dead of the night, she and the other hashiras were together in one room with their leader, who they referred to as 'Oyakaya-sama' so reverently as if he was their God.

A shame that he didn't just say it to her in private, Kagaya always did like drama especially if he brewed it himself. Of course it was nothing too chaotic otherwise he'd risk ruining the harmony inside his own corps.

"You really are losing it Kagaya-san." She said with a resigned sigh. Some hashiras opened their mouths to scold her again on her lack of professionalism and over familiarity with the head of the Demon Slayer Corps.

Yet Kagaya chuckled, "Perhaps I am" amused but she and him knew his state and health were deteriorating.

"I'll go if you tell me why that place of all other options" She added tilting her head curiously, but the man simply smiled in silence.

"I'll never understand how your mind works." She sighed once more dejected, having always been curious on how the man decides on things.

"Can't you just tell me, you can't take that secret to your grave" she pouted "come on, just tell me, I won't laugh if you picked randomly-"

"Oi Oi- Don't you think you're going a bit too far there? Karasu." She ignored the threatening voice directed at her.

"I'm pretty sure when we were younger I remembered you were doing that 'Eeny-meeny-miny-mo' method." She recalled, her hand reaching to hold her chin as she entered a thinking post.

"No comment." Kagaya managed to say without giving much away. Karasu couldn't assume he was hiding something or not or whether he had confirmed parts of her suspicions, she had fallen frequently to his jokes for his own amusement.

'Glad I'm making the guy happy at least.' she deadpanned. "Oh well I'll get the truth from you some day, one way or another, Oyakata-sama" she winked and stood up, "welp since that's all I needed to know, I'll see you next time!" she turned around and waved, and with that the lights from the lantern went out, the room became pitch black as silence filled the room till the sound of a match strike came and one of Kagaya's child lit up the lanterns again one by one, Karasu was no where to be found anymore having left in the darkness before the other hashiras stopped her for her disrespectful behavior.

"Oyakata-sama you can't be lenient with her any longer." the wind hashira managed to say. "She is a free-spirited child, let her be." He simply said managing to keep his voice steady hiding his amusement.