05; 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚠

A single lonesome crow is often the sign of misfortune.

Karasu stared as Daichi approached the two other first years, Tanaka and Sugawara had pulled her away from Daichi's path

Karasu stared as Daichi approached the two other first years, Tanaka and Sugawara had pulled her away from Daichi's path. It was clear they were afraid of the captain whenever he gets serious and angry or rather upset.

"Look, it isn't as though I'm telling you to be friends." He told the duo.

"In junior high, you may have been adversaries on different sides of the net but I want you to get it in your heads that you'll be both on the same side of the net now."

"Is that understood?"

"I don't care how good you are, or how hard you intend to play. Anyone who causes trouble for the team with petty rivalry.. is out!"

He gave the two their club application forms back and quickly kicked them out of the gym.

Karasu stared at the windows noticing that there was an orange hue now, it was nearing sunset, nearing the time when her job starts once again.

"I'll be going to now" She told the others, jabbing her thumb towards the direction of the door.

"oh?" Sugawara couldn't help but sound disappointed. "I'll probably come back though to check on things." She added causing the boy to brighten up.

Tanaka stopped himself from laughing, Sugawara looked like a puppy right now. She waved goodbye at them and left, when she exited the building Fu had flown off her shoulders.

The two boys who had been kicked out were still there, one of the boy, the one with orange hair had was hanging near the windows watching those inside start stretching and practicing.

"You guys really made a mess" she said getting their attention.

"Ah yeah, luckily we didn't get into trouble with principal." The orange haired boy chuckled.

"Karasu Seikuu, you two are?" She introduced herself.

"My name's Hinata Shoyo! This is the king of-"

"Baka!" he slapped his hand on the boy's mouth to shut him up "Kageyama Tobio."

"Nice to meet you two." She smiled and gave them a piece of advice "Instead of waiting here you should practice on your own, it'll be awhile before the team finishes with practice after all."

"You two also need to understand what the captain was trying to say. If you can't work together he won't let you in the team, even if one of you has natural talent and the other has great determination." They flinched before nodding.

"Do you have a ball?" they shook their heads, they probably didn't think they'd be rejected or kicked out like this.

She sighed "I don't have any equipment on me, but you should stretch and exercise for now and practice your postures. Especially you Hinata, your form when receiving could use some work."