Chapter 5 Discovery

Megatron POV

After the alliance with Earth's government, no one was slacking off with the extra help we were getting from them. Apparently my speech touched many of their hearts and they gave us even more support than we originally thought. The humans were still getting used to handing information to us Decepticons, but quickly warmed up with the Autobots' help and the children as well.

We have now been working together for three months, close to Enigma's 'death' anniversary and everyone was getting riled up. In the meeting were the three human charges, along with Agent Fowler on our screen, Optimus and his Autobots, Starscream, Soundwave and his symbiotes, Knockout, Breakdown, Dreadwing, Skyquake, Predaking, Shockwave, and Airachnid.

"It's been nearly a year since we lost her and we are not even close to the truth." Starscream said, agitatedly, but kept his cool around us.

"Has there been any development with the code so far Soundwave?" I asked and he just looked down and shook his head no. Even with the extra help from Earth's government, there has been no movement on where M.E.C.H. is or what they are doing.

Rafael then said, "Sorry Megatron, but there has been nothing on the code."

"What do you mean nothing, Rafael?" Optimus asked and Soundwave said, "Code: not hiding information. Code: useless."

"How can that be?" Airachnid spoke and Knockout interrupted saying, "I thought the whole reason for a code was to communicate with us."

"It is, which is why it doesn't make sense why there is nothing on this code, it's useless." Rafael answered and we all looked down, feeling that our only lead to Enigma lost.

"So, we have a code that is completely useless and now, no way of finding her." Breakdown said as Knockout hugged his lover, trying to comfort him. When all hope seemed lost, something interesting happened.

"Wait, what did you just say Rafael?" Starscream looked at Rafael and he repeated, "It doesn't make sense?"

"No, after that."

"This code is useless?" Starscream nodded and Dreadwing said, "What is it Starscream? What are you thinking?" Starscream went over to the data console and pulled up a map.

"Soundwave, pinpoint where all the coordinates are located?" Soundwave did that and the map lit up with red dots on multiple locations.

Arcee then said, "We already visited those sites with Predaking, Starscream. You said so yourself that there was nothing at those sites where the code was located."

"She's right, I couldn't even pick up a scent anywhere." Predaking said.

Starscream then said, "I know, but something is off about this." We all listen to my second-in-command, speaking. "I remember something that Enigma told me before the accident happened a couple days before."

Flashback

*Starscream POV*

It was late in the night when I didn't feel Enigma laying in bed with me, Thundercracker, and Skywarp. I got up and looked around for her and saw her at her work station, trying to finish a piece of code for her armor.

I quietly got out of her bed, in my holoform, and as she laid back in her chair, I hugged her from behind. "What are you doing up so late?"

I said and she just sighed and said, "Trying to get these codes to work in sync, then forming the base of the armor. And then-" I cut her off by turning her around in her chair and kissing her. She was surprised by this, but joined in and wrapped her arms around my neck.